Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

ObijuanKenobe

Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:30 pm

Sorry 'bout that. It's called theTiger II and it sounds terrifying, tugs pretty hard, and is super fast.

This might be just want the doctor ordered, fella. :cool:

Of course, Yan's offers seems pretty dope as well!

obi
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci

Infinitive

Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:36 pm

flat out wrote:
Feel free to educate me on the current offerings lads.

Full size Fury? Though it pulls hard in low winds, and uncontrollably hard in the winds it sounds like you enjoy flying in. It is adjustable to be noisy if you wish. I'm not sure there is much market for the kind of kite you're looking for - people who like pull come under the umbrella of power-kiters, of which there are scant here.
-------------------------------------- Al --------------------------------------

flat out
Topic Author

Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:57 am

Yan wrote:
Flat Out,

I've got a Powerhouse Storm, haven't flown it for years, used to love it! I'll never fly it again. It may as well go to someone who will fly it, if your interested.

If i remember rightly, it needs a lot of wind to fly, pulls a bit and is noisy. I bought it about 17 years ago, it's still in good nick.

Yan

Cheers for the offer fella, but i really want a Blade.

Many thanks again :D

flat out
Topic Author

Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:00 am

Lol at the powerkiters.

Ive unfortunately/fortunately become one of those and am now a buggier flying foils but ive not forgotten my grass roots and they were stunt kites.

Hence this thread of me trying to track down a blade. The Fury sounds quite good too. I'll have a look at those whilst im holding out for a Blade.

Cheers :)
Freestyle kite buggier... attempting to learn how to freestyle deltas

ObijuanKenobe

Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:28 am

Did you check out my link?

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci

Aeri

Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:35 am

http://www.kites.tug.com/Archive/kites/ ... ouse.blade

rec.kites wasn't to positive about it :-)
Old school was a great school

Yan

Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:36 am

flat out wrote:
Yan wrote:
Flat Out,

I've got a Powerhouse Storm, haven't flown it for years, used to love it! I'll never fly it again. It may as well go to someone who will fly it, if your interested.

If i remember rightly, it needs a lot of wind to fly, pulls a bit and is noisy. I bought it about 17 years ago, it's still in good nick.

Yan

Cheers for the offer fella, but i really want a Blade.

Many thanks again :D

No problem :D
There must be a blade out there somewhere...

Yan :-D

Lex B

Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:19 pm

Zippy8 wrote:
Maybe even extending over to Holland/Belgium as Powerhouse produced the Moonshot for a Belgian team.

Uhhhmmm..... A Dutch team, The "Dust Devils".
Nop Velthuizen is also the co-designer of the moonshot.
You'll find plans for the moonshot in his book Stuntkites #3 ["the Manual" I believe is the subtitel].
The plans are for a UL, Std, mid-Vent and full-Vent.
You might consider a build, rather than a buy??

Lex.
remember: amateurs built the ark ..
professionals built the Titanic.

PLEASE......NO TAILS ....

Zippy8

Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:55 pm

Lex B wrote:
Uhhhmmm..... A Dutch team, The "Dust Devils".

Yeah, I knew that. Why on earth did I write Belgian :-k ?!!? This flu medicine must be better than I thought :rockedover:

The plans are for a UL, Std, mid-Vent and full-Vent.

IIRC (and this is looking shaky at the moment) Powerhouse sold each in either Exel or SkyShark framed versions - so eight versions of one commercially pretty unsuccessful team kite.

Meanwhile back towards the subject.... alternatives to the Blade might be a second hand Flexifoil Erazor or a new Spirit of Air Javelin.

Mike.

yeswehavetheright

Re: POWERHOUSE KITES?? Anyone remember them? Please read.

Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:21 pm

Attention Flat Out!!!

I have got a Power House Blade tucked away safely in my attic. I know this was a very old post, but Flat Out still appears to be a member here on the forum.

It's not the black design (which was sweet) but a half and half red/yellow design (will get picture taken if requested). The sail is in pretty good condition, just some of the spars need replacing. If I remember correctly, the speed and power these kites produced resulted in some pretty hefty crashes. Me and may mate had one each and they were great fun for formation flying and pretending to be the synchro pair from the Red Arrows.

flat out
Topic Author

Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:11 pm

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone will see this but im still looking for a Powerhouse Blade or Adrenaline.
Please get in contact if you have one to sell in good condition.

thank you

flat out
Topic Author

Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:14 pm

yeswehavetheright wrote:
Attention Flat Out!!!

I have got a Power House Blade tucked away safely in my attic. I know this was a very old post, but Flat Out still appears to be a member here on the forum.

It's not the black design (which was sweet) but a half and half red/yellow design (will get picture taken if requested). The sail is in pretty good condition, just some of the spars need replacing. If I remember correctly, the speed and power these kites produced resulted in some pretty hefty crashes. Me and may mate had one each and they were great fun for formation flying and pretending to be the synchro pair from the Red Arrows.

Hi buddy, ive messaged you. Hope you get it :)

flat out
Topic Author

Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:37 pm

Well guys, would you believe it. After 12 years since I started my search I’ve finally found a Blade in great condition. Thanks to those who replied to this thread.

I’m now on the lookout for a red/yellow Adrenaline if anyone has one in good condition to sell?
Let’s hope it’s not another 12 years eh.

bstardchild

Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:59 pm

Err Purple and yellow any good? flatout

Probably have some pictures of it somewhere

Adrenaline, Psycho, BOT, Kaos, Obsession , Generation, Club sport (2), Dharma SP Ultralight, Baby Tana, Neutrino, Rev and a couple of duvets

flat out
Topic Author

Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:28 pm

Afraid it’s gotta be red/yellow mate. Although if you wanna drop me a pm with pics & a price I might be tempted.

Thanks for responding anyway