Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

Marnavi
Topic Author

Clean kite?!?!

Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:04 pm

Any product in particular that does not damage the material of the kite??? I know that the most recommended thing will be water but there are things that need something more than water to remove, if someone knows something I would be grateful to know your advice, thanks! :)
I just started building my kite bag!! Kite bag: R-sky Frenezy, Eolo Neox, HQ Jam Session, Eolo Over ventrex, Eolo Over Icarex, Eolo Tango 1, HQ Maestro II and searching for a Nirvana and JoE Talon!

Decalle

Re: Clean kite?!?!

Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:47 pm

Icarex and other sail fabrics react well to water (fresh) with a little of dishwasher gel
This should be enough for the common stains in beach or in field
Apply with a sponge and rinse well, better with a hose and let it dry before folding.
Sand or dirt that get caught in the tips or cross , you can brush or blow it out
Lines do not normally get dirty, maybe just wet if flying on the beach, I just let it dry flying or resting on the floor before rolling

Marnavi
Topic Author

Re: Clean kite?!?!

Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:06 pm

Decalle wrote:
Icarex and other sail fabrics react well to water (fresh) with a little of dishwasher gel
This should be enough for the common stains in beach or in field
Apply with a sponge and rinse well, better with a hose and let it dry before folding.
Sand or dirt that get caught in the tips or cross , you can brush or blow it out
Lines do not normally get dirty, maybe just wet if flying on the beach, I just let it dry flying or resting on the floor before rolling

thanks!!!
I just started building my kite bag!! Kite bag: R-sky Frenezy, Eolo Neox, HQ Jam Session, Eolo Over ventrex, Eolo Over Icarex, Eolo Tango 1, HQ Maestro II and searching for a Nirvana and JoE Talon!