Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

Marnavi
Topic Author

I want to start getting into the world of building kites

Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:11 pm

I would like to start getting into the world of open plan kite construction not too long ago, what is needed to cut the sails? some kind of laser or something? I suppose the plans of the sails will be a kind of guide to know what to cut, where is such a large plan printed? And finally, I always find plans of the sail but not of what contains the rods, that black area of the kite where the rods are inserted, does it have a specific name?
I just started building my kite bag!! Kite bag: R-sky Frenezy, Eolo Neox, HQ Jam Session, Eolo Over ventrex, Eolo Over Icarex, Eolo Tango 1, HQ Maestro II and searching for a Nirvana and JoE Talon!

woody482

Re: I want to start getting into the world of building kites

Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:59 pm

Hi Marnivi good place to start would be Toms kite building site, process of building kite from scratch. It will answer all your questions leading edges, cutting cloth.Also kite plans for print on a4 tape together.
In the past built open source kite plans the Return from kareloh.com is great, but you will require print shop to produce full size plans? Over the years even with using China Icarex (pc20) it can very easily become a costly Hobby!

Marnavi
Topic Author

Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:07 am

woody482 wrote:
Hi Marnivi  good place to start would be Toms kite building site, process of building kite from scratch. It will answer all your questions leading edges, cutting cloth.Also kite plans for print on a4  tape together.
In the past built open source kite plans the Return from kareloh.com is great, but you will require print shop to produce full size plans? Over the years even with using China Icarex (pc20) it can very easily become a costly Hobby!

oh thank you very much, I had no idea about that site, it's just what I needed, thank you!
I just started building my kite bag!! Kite bag: R-sky Frenezy, Eolo Neox, HQ Jam Session, Eolo Over ventrex, Eolo Over Icarex, Eolo Tango 1, HQ Maestro II and searching for a Nirvana and JoE Talon!

RoyReed

Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:58 am

Hi Marnavi

You should also have a look at Ian Newham's website - particularly the Kite Making section.
Must fly
Roy
REEDDESIGN Web Design

pompeykite

Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:25 am

this is a cracking site for plans and articles - https://www.kareloh.com/