Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

Marnavi
Topic Author

Hello!!! here is a question for any of you who can answer me RESOLVED

Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:28 pm

Well, I am a 21-year-old boy whose father introduced him to the world of kites when he was little. Here where I live, in Asturias, Spain, there is almost no one left to fly, in my kite bag I have an eolo tango and an eolo neox that I inherited from my father, with which I learned my first tricks, axels, slot machine, 540, lazy susan, flic flac... but I think I still have a lot to learn, anyway, the question begins here.......I want to buy a new kite, a kite that is striking and aggressive at the same time, to which my request leads to a 2005 Sea Devil that was offered to me by a retired kiteman, sorry for having talked so much, here is the question: he sells it to me for €240, is it a good price for it considering that it is in good condition?? What things should I take into account when negotiating with the boy? thanks for your attention, Here I also leave you an image of it: ( https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yn0gZZ ... sp=sharing ) and by the way, the boy told me that he sells it at the same price that he bought it in his day, it seemed strange to me but checking on the lam hoac page I have seen that they are selling for +400$ imagine that it will be for that reason who is selling it at such an amount? is there any difference between the old sea devil and the ones that are sold now for +400$ ???
Last edited by Marnavi on Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
I just started building my kite bag!! Kite bag: R-sky Frenezy, Eolo Neox, HQ Jam Session, Eolo Over ventrex, Eolo Over Icarex, Eolo Tango 1, HQ Maestro II and searching for a Nirvana and JoE Talon!

KaoS
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Re: Hello!!! here is a question for any of you who can answer me

Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:15 am

The Sea Devil in the image looks like it is a nylon sail version. Lam's kites are now made from polyester fabric (Icarex). Apart from that, they are still made the same.

€240 is quite a lot of money for a 17 year old kite, BUT you have to compare it with what else is available for that price.

The Sea Devil will fly very similar to your Eolo kites, so you might want to test it before you decide to buy. Maybe you will like it very much, maybe you will think it is not so different from what you already have.

There are many, more modern flying-style kites available these days (including from Lam Hoac). You might be more satisfied by saving up more money to buy something from Benson (UK), Mugen (Hungary), Sportkitedesign (Sweden) or other boutique kite builders.

Good luck
Kevin Sanders

Willunga
South Australia

Marnavi
Topic Author

Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:05 am

KaoS wrote:
The Sea Devil in the image looks like it is a nylon sail version.  Lam's kites are now made from polyester fabric (Icarex).  Apart from that, they are still made the same.

€240 is quite a lot of money for a 17 year old kite, BUT you have to compare it with what else is available for that price.

The Sea Devil will fly very similar to your Eolo kites, so you might want to test it before you decide to buy.  Maybe you will like it very much, maybe you will think it is not so different from what you already have.

There are many, more modern flying-style kites available these days (including from Lam Hoac).  You might be more satisfied by saving up more money to buy something from Benson (UK), Mugen (Hungary), Sportkitedesign (Sweden) or other boutique kite builders.

Good luck

I really like his design and right now I don't have enough to buy a new sea devil, I'll ask him to see if it's nylon, it really looks like it, how much money could I offer him then considering all those things he's told me?
I just started building my kite bag!! Kite bag: R-sky Frenezy, Eolo Neox, HQ Jam Session, Eolo Over ventrex, Eolo Over Icarex, Eolo Tango 1, HQ Maestro II and searching for a Nirvana and JoE Talon!

Marnavi
Topic Author

Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:19 am

KaoS wrote:
The Sea Devil in the image looks like it is a nylon sail version.  Lam's kites are now made from polyester fabric (Icarex).  Apart from that, they are still made the same.

The Sea Devil will fly very similar to your Eolo kites, so you might want to test it before you decide to buy.  Maybe you will like it very much, maybe you will think it is not so different from what you already have.

There are many, more modern flying-style kites available these days (including from Lam Hoac).  You might be more satisfied by saving up more money to buy something from Benson (UK), Mugen (Hungary), Sportkitedesign (Sweden) or other boutique kite builders.

Good luck

I also have an Eolo Over, it's a very good kite, but I have to fix some things, I can't get the lazy susan or the Rising Fade, so strange, I'll have to check some things to see what's happening, I quite like Benson kites, but being from Spain, a shipment from the United States at customs, would charge me a fortune, i had also thought about these alternatives, i don't know what you would think of them: a nirvana fx, it costs 200, or some other from r-sky, also a cesium Access or a Curve from Atelierkites could also be, all of them do not exceed 300 euros which seems to me a good price for the level that I still have, anyway, I really thought that the sea devil was going to give me a greater flow in the air and a greater precision and dexterity, I will definitely buy a Lam Hoac when I have a little more money and more experience, I love their designs and for me, in my case, the design of it is very important to connect with the kite, I love what a nice design at the time of making become one with the kite. again I have written too much text sorry :(    :)