Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

thegoatboy
Topic Author

Hello from a newbie

Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:32 pm

Hello!

Proper noob here saying hello.

I recently dug out my old kite and decided that it was quite beyond help and have purchased two new beginner kites.

I'm probably well out my my league posting here, as I've seen some comments about what kites people have, and I can see that my kites are right at the bottom of the scale!

With hindsight, I should have just got one kite, but want to get the kids involved too.

Still learning what I can and can't do at the moment. I'm based in South Wales and it seems that there aren't many others in the area!

it's been pretty windy here, so trying to get out quite a bit at them moment!

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter

Re: Hello from a newbie

Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:49 pm

Welcome, just go out and enjoy what you have, just remember when it's really blowing that's not really the best time to be flying, a nice gentle steady breeze 5mph-12mph is best.

And put out plenty of line, most beginners use way too short lines.

Hawkerhunter
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Re: Hello from a newbie

Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:25 pm

Good to see a new face on the group. Hope you enjoy the experience of kite flying / tricking. Im sure if you take to it you will soon add to your collection.
Check out Andy55 on this group. He is in South Wales.Always good to fly with some one if you can.
Steve

In the bag
Talon UL, Talon standard(x2), Talon vented, Talon SUL Prism Q Pro, Elixir, Zephyr, E3, E2, Hypnotist, Nexus, 3D, Micron

http://www.facebook.com/northernmonkeyskitegroup.nmkg