Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

flat out

Re: Where has everyone gone?

Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:41 pm

Rival????

Has anyone actually read the last 2 pages?

All it’s done is promote this wonderful resource for people to visit and view the fountain of knowledge contained within it.
Freestyle kite buggier... attempting to learn how to freestyle deltas

flat out

Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:53 pm

dragonfly wrote:
*Note - This group has no connection to the main Fractured Axel website, its owners or administration team*

You must have felt some remorse?

Call it FA as in Facefook Axel :P

Ha. No remorse as I’ve done nothing wrong.
Andy asked me to make it clear that it was separate from the main forum and it’s administrators. I have.
Yet still provides a link to send people here. People who would otherwise never find this place will be visiting here looking and reading all the wonderful archive of info.

People no longer sign up to forums the way we used to when we started out. It’s a sad fact but it’s true. They engage with social media. If we can engage people in chat and the steer them towards this forum when searching for things then everybody benefits.

The whole community grows and younger people are introduced to it. If it just stays as an old boys club, it will be as dead as it has been for so long...

Hence the point of this whole thread

flat out

Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:06 pm

So you think because your particular teenagers don’t use Facebook, you think teenagers don’t use Facebook?
It’s the single largest social media platform in the world.

As for the Dutch forum having 260 people online now.
The group that was started this morning has almost 100 members already.

RoyReed

Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:15 pm

You've made 52 posts here in 12 years. You've not really been an active member of this forum and now you're acting as the fount of all knowledge on social media and trying to get people to sign up to your new group on Zuckerberg's data mining platform. WTF!
Must fly
Roy
REEDDESIGN Web Design

flat out

Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:46 pm

Right, so this is about data mining now?
You know every single action you do on the whole internet is recorded right? Be that on any webpage, search engine or media platform.

What have my post count got to do with it? I’m still here after 12 years which many of the non “holier than thou” are not.
Far for the font of all knowledge, just adding to a community, I’m hardly flogging snake oil here.
The amount of people who have responded with “oh Fractured Axel blimey, that’s a blast from the past” or “I used to go on that forum years ago” etc.

Lots lots and lots of people have been reminded this place is still here. How can that be anything but a good thing?

You also know the worlds not flat... right?

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter

Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:04 pm

flat out wrote:
Does this help? :)

Happy to remove it if anyone feels its stepping on anyone's toes. A lot of guys have put in a lot of work here and id never want to undermine that, only help.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/673594649967142

711jrp

Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:20 pm

Lets be honest there guys has been no meaningful posts there in years, this way FA lives on in another form. The whole permission thing is moot, Andy clearly said he has no problem with it.
Pete
Fivers are alive
50% of the dognappers

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter

Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:35 pm

And that's fine Pete, just don't call it Fractured Axel, be a bit more original, rather than using the coat tails of another platform.

711jrp

Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:09 pm

Craig wrote:
And that's fine Pete, just don't call it Fractured Axel, be a bit more original, rather than using the coat tails of another platform.

Fractured Axel is much too goo to just let die like this, there is already over 100 people enjoying another Fractured Axel right now and that makes no difference to you as you won't see it, might even bring a few people back here looking through the archive of information we have compiled over the years.
Pete
Fivers are alive
50% of the dognappers

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter

Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:56 pm

711jrp wrote:
Craig wrote:

Fractured Axel is much too goo to just let die like this, there is already over 100 people enjoying another Fractured Axel right now and that makes no difference to you as you won't see it, might even bring a few people back here looking through the archive of information we have compiled over the years.

Really that's not the point Pete, this place is Fractured Axel not the FB group, whether it's busy here or not doesn't matter, if I set up a web site called Benson kites how do you think Tim feel?

If you want to have a FB group fantastic, go for it and good luck, but call it something else.

Flat out posted this only this morning, I don't want him to remove it just change the name, I think that's fair enough, let's see if he's a man of honour?

flat out wrote:
Does this help? :)

Happy to remove it if anyone feels its stepping on anyone's toes. A lot of guys have put in a lot of work here and id never want to undermine that, only help.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/673594649967142

Andy S
King of FA

Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:24 am

Ah... I didn't want this to happen at all. I really didn't think anyone would have a problem with it, but did say to ask Craig as he has the largest stake after me. I'm afraid I'm going to side with Craig and Roy on this one after all... please change the name on the FB group. I don't know if it will kill FA or not, but some of the longest serving users of this site are against it and I'm going to go with that.

Sorry Flat Out - I did say I reserve the right to change my mind. I doubt changing the name there will have any impact. Make something of it for yourself, and pick a different name. Thanks for understanding.

flat out

Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:34 am

Hahahaha! Deluded!

Firstly, I'm not Dutch and have no interest in being Dutch. I'm not on their forum and don't frequent there. I like it here and want to support it, why wouldn't I?
As for charity, all i did was set up a group to bridge the gap between the forum and social media. To re energise the Fractured Axel name, i still fail to see how that's a bad thing.
It was done so and offered admin to Andy and i walk away, in fact, anyone can have the admin, i don't want it or need it. Would you like it?

I've nothing to prove or gain so really don't see why a few deadwood are getting so bent up about something they have no interest in interacting anyway?

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter

Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:44 am

flat out wrote:
Hahahaha! Deluded!

Firstly, I'm not Dutch and have no interest in being Dutch. I'm not on their forum and don't frequent there. I like it here and want to support it, why wouldn't I?
As for charity, all i did was set up a group to bridge the gap between the forum and social media. To re energise the Fractured Axel name, i still fail to see how that's a bad thing.
It was done so and offered admin to Andy and i walk away, in fact, anyone can have the admin, i don't want it or need it. Would you like it?

I've nothing to prove or gain so really don't see why a few deadwood are getting so bent up about something they have no interest in interacting anyway?

I accept that you may have the best intentions, however you need to change the name, this place is Fractured Axel not the FB group, you can't go around cloning other peoples name, be original, make it your group and good luck.

And seriously throwing names around does you no credit at all.

jaydub

Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:23 pm

Craig wrote:
I accept that you may have the best intentions, however you need to change the name, this place is Fractured Axel not the FB group, you can't go around cloning other peoples name, be original, make it your group and good luck.
And seriously throwing names around does you no credit at all.

Craig,
Frayz has already renamed it as the Kite Hangar, so no worries about where Fractured Axel is now.  It's here and here only.

Frayz,
It was a great initiative and I don't think anybody thinks you did what you did in setting up the FB group with the best of intentions.  You have renamed the FB group and explained the reasons for the name change on there.  From my perspective, Craig and Andy are part of the trick kiting establishment and deserve more respect and a posting to say that you had changed the FB group name as per their request and an apology for any offence caused would have been much more appropriate than your last post.

Can we move on now please.

flat out

Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:06 pm

Okay,

So just to put this to bed, firstly I apologise for my use of language previously. It wasn’t aimed at Andy or Craig, however irrespective I shouldn’t have said it and I apologise. It was in poor taste and easily misconstrued.

Everything was done with good intentions, for the right reasons and the sheer suggestion I was out for myself I find outrageous. Clear example of people who know nothing about me and had no interest in finding out.

Correct, I wasn’t asked to do anything and initially wished I hadn’t bothered, I’ll think twice before trying to help a cause I genuinely care about in future.

Obviously I sent Andy a PM first thing this morning after reading his last response to this thread respecting his request.

For the record I have changed the group name and made everything quite clear to all as to why in a completely transparent way. As said before, I’ve nothing to gain or hide. But now the group is live and gaining lots of momentum, it is certainly appreciated by those already enjoying it.

I’ve no axe to grind with Andy or Craig over this at all, so I’ll leave it at that.

Good day to you all.