Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

BlueSkyBry
Topic Author

Good flying beaches?

Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:30 am

Can anyone recommend any decent flying beaches? I’m based in East Hertfordshire but don’t mind travelling a bit to find a good spot in maybe Kent or Essex if there are any sure bets? Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gladders

Re: Good flying beaches?

Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:44 pm

North Norfolk is probably closest to you for a big, empty beach. Suffolk tends to be stony. Dont really know Essex. Clacton has a kite shop - no doubt they could advise. In Norfolk, Brancaster is massive when the tides out and parking is a few meters from the back. Holkom is similar, but with a longer walk. Burnham Overy Staithe is a beautiful beach but about a forty minute walk from the car park. Old Hunstanton is great but I've found the wind a bit less clean there. I favour Brancaster personally. Several good pubs nearby as well, and excellent fish and chips at Eric's.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

BlueSkyBry
Topic Author

Re: Good flying beaches?

Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:23 pm

That’s excellent Gladders, cheers for that. Some may be a bit too far, but I bet I’ll get round to them all at some point. The next windless spell standing in a random field will no doubt send me on the way, and you know I’ll try the beach with the good fish n’ chip shop first!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk