Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

Robert
Topic Author

North West UK ♥

Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:43 pm

Hi everyone :)

I'm new here. Flown kites for over 12 years - (I'm 39) - had a break for last 2 years but well back into it. I prefer high winds and enjoy flying quad line and converted dual kites to run on handles.

I enjoy making kite videos as i am a Videographer. Hoping to meet up with people my neck of the woods and more than eager to knock out some fresh video/films.

BTW: really shocking how the delta and stunt kite scene has dwindled !! I don't get it ? 7 Year cycles they say lets hope you guys are on the upward slope to attracting some new people to the sport.

Maybe my Videos could help ? Please message me if your up for some filming, I have lots of ideas and All the equipment ready to shoot.

I generally fly at these locations:-

BLACK ROCK SANDS
WYMESWOLD AIRFIELD
WALNEY, EARNSE BAY
HOYLAKE
LODGE MOOR - SHEFFIELD
AUBURN FARM - FRAISTHORPE

Look forward to chilling here and meeting people.

:)
http://goo.gl/x3zhXI

kitejan

Re: North West UK ♥

Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:38 pm

Hello!

A notice you mention Lodge Moor Sheffield - well that's my (kind of) local flying area - when I can get up there. Certainly not many trick/quad fliers around here now.....

Do you get there much?

Jan

Robert
Topic Author

Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:12 pm

Hi jan,

Yeah I used to fly everyday on the top shelf near Lodge Moor.. these days i take my van and make a day of it rather than nip up and fly for a few hours like i used to.

Im glad i found this place - I did like flying on my own and in high winds, bad weather man myself.

Maybe fix a day and meet you up there sometime - takes me 30 min to get there ! I can appreciate the dwindling numbers as extreme kite flying and wheeled machines seem to have taken over..

Love flying and enjoy every minute..

Thanks for the reply :)
:)

Chat soon,
http://goo.gl/x3zhXI

Ferplexed85

Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:59 am

Hey Rob,

Cheers for the PM. Ive replied and will add more detail to it when im home from work.

Matt