Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

Petrus
Topic Author

Sale on HQ Crackerjack at Amazon UK.

Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:28 pm

Hi everyone!

I´ve been a member of the forum for a while now, but I´ve never really posted. I just wanted you to know that Amazon UK are having a sale on HQ Crackerjacks right now. They´re currently going for about £70 which seems like a bargain to me. I´m guessing the sale will end around new year but I´m not sure. I´ve been flying my Flexifoil Stranger since it was new so it was definitely time for me to get a new kite, so I pulled the trigger and got one. Can´t wait to get it home and try it out!

Have a happy new year everyone!

P.S
I just want to make it clear that I don´t work for Amazon. I just wanted my fellow flyers to know about the sale.
D.S

MartinG

Re: Sale on HQ Crackerjack at Amazon UK.

Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:19 pm

The Maestro is on at half price too...

Broady

Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:49 am

Which is better?
Deep Space, HQ babytana, Chinese Rev copy & vented version
Indian Fighter kites

SteveC

Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:52 am

Broady wrote:
Which is better?

Both good kites and either would be a cracking (sorry for the pun) buy at those prices.

I have a 'PAW modded' Maestro 2 and it's a really good allrounder, does most tricks, flies lower than you'd expect a big heavy (ish) kite to do. Can pull quite hard when it gets into the low /mid teen's. I've not tried the Crackerjack but it's had some good write ups - seems a bit more trick orientated than the Maestro. Crackerjack has an Icarex sail compared to Ripstop for the Maestro, frames are similar - 6mm carbon with DT15 spreaders.

Take your pick really.
Current Bag:- HQ Shadow, Spiderkites Zodarion, Flying Wings Soul, Old blue HQ Jive , 'PAW' modded HQ Maestro II, Delta Hawk,

Petrus
Topic Author

Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:43 pm

The Crackerjack is now back up to £132, the Maestro is at £50. Seems like prices go up and down every day now. I´m still really happy about finally picking up a new kite. I´ll post some pics as soon as it arrives.

Petrus
Topic Author

Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:40 pm

I´ve got my Crackerjack now. Really pleased with the purchase even though I haven´t had a chance to fly the kite yet! But I do have a question; In the kit there where two pieces of red string with a loop at one end and a knot at the other. About 150 cm each. What are these two strings for? And how are they suppose to mount on the kite? My old Stranger had a trick line which ran from wingtip->bottom of the spine->other wingtip. But they seem far too long for that. The manual provides no info.

Help me out here please, people.

SteveC

Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:12 pm

Hmmm...without actually seeing a picture they sound like leader lines. The loops are attached to the tow points of the bridle with a larkshead knot and the loops on your flying lines are larks headed around the knot on the other end - they are basically extensions to the tow points. They are there to help stop the thin flying line damaging the leading/trailing edges of the kite when you do roll up tricks and to help the slack lines 'drop' more quickly to avoid tip wraps. I didn't know HQ included them as part of standard package. You shouldn't need to attach them if you don't want to, try the kite with and without and see which you prefer.

Have fun with your Kite!

Current Bag:- HQ Shadow, Spiderkites Zodarion, Flying Wings Soul, Old blue HQ Jive , 'PAW' modded HQ Maestro II, Delta Hawk,

Petrus
Topic Author

Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:48 pm

Ahhh...! I see! That makes sense! Never heard of it before. I'm going to give them a go and see how they feel. Really looking forward to the first flight. I'm going to try and get some pics.

Thank you for the excellent explanation!