Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:27 pm

Here's a Peter Hall Hellcat:

Nice light-wind kite!

Ian Newham
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Re: Anyone recognise this kite.

Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:37 pm

They were very nice kites, I've flown Roy Ashton's (Fungus) Light Cat a few times back in the day.

*Roy, got any photos?*

I never tried the Hell Cat but everyone loved the Aziza - I seem to remember that there were accusations that Ben Purcell's Aziza was a bit too close to the Hell Cat...

RoyReed

Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:53 pm

Ian Newham wrote:
I never tried the Hell Cat but everyone loved the Aziza - I seem to remember that there were accusations that Ben Purcell's Aziza was a bit too close to the Hell Cat...

There might have been accusations, but it wasn't close. The AzizA (made by Chris Matheson) was much more manic and radical, mainly due to Ben's bridle.
Must fly
Roy
REEDDESIGN Web Design

Ian Newham
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:03 pm

I know Chris made them but I had it at the back of my mind that the kite was Ben's design. Did he just do the bridle then?

Its all a long time ago

RoyReed

Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:15 am

I remember talking to Chris about it. He said they both worked on the sail and framing, but the bridle was Ben's.

And yes - it was a long time ago. The AzizA was my first 'proper' kite.
Must fly
Roy
REEDDESIGN Web Design

Twitchy

Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:02 pm

Peter Hall, Hellcat, hell yeah!

I've just joined to express how good this kite is. Having had a lull mine in PURPLE has just come out of the loft in anticipation for some Cornish wind.

When I was a teen I worked for Cunning Stunts in Salisbury and if my memory serves me correctly Peter Hall was often in and may have worked out of the workshop there. I also think I requested the purple when he started on other colours. My brother also got one but was a fool and mislaid it.

It is a fantastic kite, low wind and medium/high. If the wind was extremely low I'd pop the top spreader out and run it around in circles. Good solid flyer & exacting moves with the flick of a wrist!

I LOVES IT I DOES!