Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

Toejammer
Topic Author

Music to fly kites by...

Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:33 pm

Just loading up the iPod for some music to accompany this weekends flying thinking Meccano mind by syntax and some Chemical Brothers. What do you guys listen to while flying?

Zippy8

Re: Music to fly kites by...

Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:38 pm

Have a look through this little lot.

Mike.

sugarbaker

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:05 pm

For me it depends on the day... And the wind. Heavy wind days I listen to skrillex, AWOL nation, muse, crystal method, chemical brothers, Some old school hip hop or rap (beastie boys among my favorite)

For light wind days I enjoy the XX, Miles Davis (specifically the Kind of Blue album), Dave Brubeck quartet, pretty lights, of monsters and men, m83,

For any occasion... Black keys, Stevie ray Vaughn, Hendrix, radiohead, death cab for cutie, ratatat.

I really love Internet radio like pandora and spotify. It opened up a world of music I never new about and it's fun to just play a genre and see what comes up.

stuartF

Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:36 pm

nothing from this millennium. In no particular order Arthur Brown, James Brown, Julie London, Otis Redding, Nina Simone, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd.

Old bastard
Stuart
the lunatic is on the grass

StuartB

Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:52 am

stuartF wrote:
nothing from this millennium. In no particular order Arthur Brown, James Brown, Julie London, Otis Redding, Nina Simone, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd.

Old bastard
Stuart

Yeah, some of this. Or Rolling Stones. Lots of Rolling Stones.

Another old bastard.

Cadenza

Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:37 am

Celdweller, Pendulum, Escala, Rolling Stones, ACDC, Lordi to name a few.
Triboard Kitebag Blue: Cesium, Gemini,Silverfox 2.5 UL, Silverfox 2.5, Silverfox 2.5 Vented, HQ Breeze, Fury.85, SKD MX COMP #1, JoE Skull Trident #Omega, PAW Buteo.

honchoboy

Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:57 am

At present I just can't get enough of listening to Alt J while flying. Quality, quality, quality.

Anything by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Jamie T, Vampire Weekend puts me in a good mood, and a small penchance for Calvin Harris, Alex Clare, Leftfield, Hot Chip when I feel like I actually have the energy to move my feet lol. And if I want to just lose myself in the moment of sun on my back, blue sky, and nothing else to do then it's got to be ANY dub. The more bass the better :-D
Ian
Northern Monkeys Kite Group

UK STACK Freestyle Champion '18

robbie.m

Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:03 pm

Vintage pink floyd but tonight some city in colour went down really nicely
My kite bag so far.Eolo Over, HQ Obsession, Jam Session Millenium vented, Mullin Area 51, Flexifoil Psycho, Powerhouse Panic, Hq Babytana, Highfliers Explorer ( like a psycho copy), Indian fighters
Beamer 3.6(for sale)