SteveR
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Re: Starting again

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:58 pm

sftonkin wrote:
Vee wrote:
I don't think the Pulsar will be like the dot at all. But anyone who has any definitive knowledge feel free to correct me.

No correction needed (I have both). The Pulsar is something I don't mind letting complete newbies have a go on and crash. The DM is a nice kite.

I wasn't going to bid on it, now I definitely won't. I liked my DM a lot, though at the time it was a bit too fast for my ability (and probably still is). I'm with Vee on the large and slow approach....

SteveR
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:27 pm

Resurrecting this, had no luck in finding a new or used Transfer. I've no idea where my original shortlist came from, but it was ten years ago now. What's current to consider, given my preference for the Transfer and the Nirvana? I've got a Skydog dream on as well that will be repaired soon, as I recall that was really easy to do basic stuff on, which is what i need, but the finish sin't great to kept getting tips and fittings snagged on the lines.

I'm not even sure where you can buy from these days, I can only find Kiteworld online.

Decalle

Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:35 pm

Nirvana in several fashion is available to order in RSky online shop
It is make to order I think
https://www.shop.r-sky.com/
Added link I have no relation with them, sorry if linking commercial sites is not allowed
Hurry up you are still part of the EU market
Hope this helps...price is quite high

SteveR
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:05 pm

Decalle wrote:
Nirvana in several fashion is available to order in RSky online shop
It is make to order I think
https://www.shop.r-sky.com/
Added link I have no relation with them, sorry if linking commercial sites is not allowed
Hurry up you are still part of the EU market
Hope this helps...price is quite high

I already have the Nirvana, and I don't want another one! Thanks though!

Decalle

Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:25 am

Ok, sorry I misunderstood
Level one and L’Atelier Kites have very atractive models also...
Good winds for you!

Audiance

Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:51 pm

SteveR wrote:
I'm not even sure where you can buy from these days, I can only find Kiteworld online.

I would suggest https://www.bilboquetsport.com/gb/ They have a decent range of kites and always a great service.
In the bag(s): R-sky, Benson, Prism, Revolution, Quadrifoil and a few more...

SteveR
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:02 pm

Looked at bilboquet and R Sky site, am confused now. I thought that the Nirvana was a freestyle design, but it's not, it's polyvalent which I presume means it does everything ish.

In the meantime I fixed my Dream On, which is fine for me other that lines getting snagged on the tips all the time.

Lex B

Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:02 pm

SteveR wrote:
I presume means it does everything ish.

I would not worry about that.
Do a quick search for it on YouTube. You'll see, it's a really capable trickster.
remember: amateurs built the ark ..
professionals built the Titanic.

PLEASE......NO TAILS ....

RoyReed

Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:42 pm

SteveR wrote:
Looked at bilboquet and R Sky site, am confused now. I thought that the Nirvana was a freestyle design, but it's not, it's polyvalent which I presume means it does everything ish.

In the meantime I fixed my Dream On, which is fine for me other that lines getting snagged on the tips all the time.

Polyvalent was a term the French came up with as an alternative to freestyle. <gives Gallic shrug> They mean pretty much the same thing. Kites in this category aren't classed as full-on trick kites or precision kites, but in the right hands can be good at both. These days almost all kites are freestyle/polyvalent - capable of both tricks and precision, although some may go more in the direction of tricking (and probably fewer in the direction of precision).
Must fly
Roy
REEDDESIGN Web Design

Decalle

Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:57 pm

Indeed, NSE ,N3E, Slash, Black Pearl, Badass and others are moving in this frontier being able of good precision and doing all trick repertoire invthe right hands
Ones can score more to one side or the other , all of them freestyle