Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

gos

Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:29 am

Just returned back from Bristol and wanted to say thanks to all you guys for a very warm welcome - really nice to meet so many of you from the forum. Everyone was really nice and helpful. This was my first festival, TO, auction etc. and it was just an amazing experience - I had the most excellent time and hopefully I can return one day.

StuartB, special thanks for driving me around and listening to all my newbie questions :-)

Again, thanks a bunch for everything.

Cheers, Gos

Mc Twizzle

Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:44 pm

hey guys,
i had a great at britol too, dont want to make exuses but i didnt get there until 1 and hadnt had time to practice before the trick off, so i was one of those who watch and learnt. it was great to see so many flyers there and see all the moves int the flesh. no excuse next time tho see you all in the areana. lol :newbie:

Miles F

Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:40 pm

Great day out thanks again to Brian and Keith for getting it all together and the nice Vid from Booty (thankfully the results of my hapless line yanking are not visible in it).
A NOHD will be published for the DS in due course, till then wear sunnies.

leolo

Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:12 pm

Hey guys!
I had a great time as well. It was amazing to see the high level of flying that there is in the UK.
Thank you very much for warmly including me in the TO and letting me try so many different kites. I am looking forward to put into practice all the advice I got from all of you......I even had my 15 sec of fame on the video.

Leo.

seales

Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:52 pm

I'd like to echo everyone's thanks to Brian and Keith for a great trickout and for pushing to get that third arena. It was also good to learn and re-learn quite a few names.
Gos, was great to meet you and thanks Mike for the flying tips and session on the DS UL. Was a great kite to fly.

Jon

It was a Silver Fox (2.3)+roll bars, well remembered. I'll try spot the registering next time.