Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

Peter
Topic Author

ballet only comp.

Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:00 pm

I was asked by Allen to post this for him. P.

There have been rumblings about a ballet only competition to be held in the South.

Solent Kite Fliers are hosting the event and have now confirmed, the date is the Sunday of the weekend before Weymouth which is Sunday 26th April. The event will be held at Stokes Bay, near to Gosport – just along from Lee-on-Solent.(2 miles ish) right next to the Solent. We will start around 11.00 and continue from there.

This is not a STACK event – no points can be won or lost. This is just a fun day out designed to give everyone, at any skill kevel, the chance to enter a competition with no arena and the only rules are to be safe and keep the music less than 4 ½ minutes. (Much less if you like!)

You don’t even have to belong to a club to enter!

Fuller details at http://www.closeencounterskites.co.uk/articles.htm and click the link.

Best regards

~Allan

www.closeencounterskites.co.uk

Keithgrif
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:00 am

Please note that there has been a change of location, this will now be part of the Jolly-Up in Basingstoke.

Details here.

Again, this is not a STACK event, but Allan refuses to join FA and post details himself so I feel obliged to warn you all that the location details have changed.

Keith

Keithgrif
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:10 pm

bump

Andy S
King of FA

Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:31 pm

Out of interest why won't Allan sign up, yet feels happy to reap the benefits of advertising his events on the forum?

Vee
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:34 pm

Andy S wrote:
Out of interest why won't Allan sign up, yet feels happy to reap the benefits of advertising his events on the forum?

Good question, I have no answer. I also think it's incredibly generous of Keith to bump this when Allan is setting something up in direct competition with STACK. All kudos to Keith.
Love Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Needs to fly more, now that I can.

Keithgrif
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:46 pm

I'm only reminding people of this because it is a Solent kite fliers event, and not just Allan's event, and SKF have been good supporters of STACK for a long time.
Keith
STACK UK
National Director 2006-2012

ExGrads pairs, fourth in Europe 2011!!!
Airheads team, 10th in the world 2012