Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

Jest_of_EVE
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Location: The exact opposite side of the planet to New Zealand - Bummer!

Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:42 pm

Then it's the green circle?

Festival Office didn't clarify my arrows, BTW :?

Mark

Andy S
King of FA
Topic Author

Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:05 am

The original green arrow doesn't look much like a cricket pitch to me, being marked out for rugby and all that.

Jest_of_EVE
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:34 am

I guess it'll be signposted along Beggar Bush.

Mark

Andy S
King of FA
Topic Author

Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:15 pm

More info:

Dear Campers,

As you know, this year the Cotham Rugby Club will be providing camping for Bristol International Kite Festival guests. The site has proper toilets and a shower block (which will have male/female times posted). Above ground BBQs are permitted, as are pets, but please remove any rubbish and leave the site as you found it.

On arrival, please check in with the Rugby Club who will have your details and will site you accordingly. You do not need a pass but may want to bring this email as confirmation. Payment will also need to be made on arrival directly to the Club, £10 per night (per tent/caravan).

For directions to the Rugby Club please follow this link:

http://www.cothamparkrfc.co.uk/drupal/b ... ?q=node/23

(please note – this is not the club off the ‘dusty track’ vehicle entrance to the festival)

The short 5-10 minute walk from the campsite to the Kite Festival will be signposted (and ‘creatively lit’ for the Sat evening!) . The Club is completely independent from the Festival and has offered camping under their terms and conditions, and they reserve the right to deal with any issues in accordance to Club rules. Any campsite queries over the weekend should be directed to on-site Club staff.

We hope you enjoy this year’s event!

Yours Sincerely,

Festival Team

shamu
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:18 pm

<takes a very guily lurking hat off... too much work doesn't make robin a happy person!>

anyone got a hotel room they are trying to get rid of for the saturday?

Us lot will be there on mass, but rightly so Avril said as I only lived 15 minutes round the corner a night in the hotel on saturday was taking the mick...

... however, i can't be doing with camping and promised the mrs the hotel... but they're fully booked
::
Robin Smith
Sponsored by Carl Robertshaw: www.kitestudio.com
Fractured Axel Shop :
Shanti Lines (Nice one guys!)

LoopyAppleCaron

Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:39 pm

The Avon Gorge Hotel isn't fully booked as I just booked there - they have rooms from £80 per night and the hotel is apparently very close (you could probably tell me more about that).

Caron

Fett

Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:58 pm

Hey all,

I will be going to the kite-festival too. I'm arriving from Holland on the friday and leave on monday. Is the camping available till monday and is there electricity? I have been trying to reach the organisation but still no reply. I don't have a clue how to get to the field from the airport. Does anyone have some info on that?

thnx

T

T
Als u allen links kijkt, ziet u rechts niets

Keithgrif
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:54 pm

You can get a bus from the airport to Bristol temple meads station, then another bus from the station to near the suspension bridge in Clifton. Then it's a 20-30 minute walk

A better way might be to see what Avon Kite Fliers can do for you. I'm not local and won't be there on the Friday or Monday so cannot help myself sorry.
Keith
STACK UK
National Director 2006-2012

ExGrads pairs, fourth in Europe 2011!!!
Airheads team, 10th in the world 2012

Andy S
King of FA
Topic Author

Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:07 pm

Who's camping from Friday? We (Me, my mate Stu and his son Olly who were both with us at Brighton) are hoping to get there about 5ish in time for a few beers and an evening fly.

Jest_of_EVE
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:19 pm

My plans have changed from Friday noon arrival to day trip on Sunday only :(

I might change my mind and camp-it alone for the weekend, depends on the weather. I'm sure the wind quality at the site can't be anywhere as bad as the shee-ite I have to endure!

Mark

KiteTastic

Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:44 pm

I'll be there with my little stall (pathang panache:fighting kites). Come mention FA if you want a discount. :D

@Andy: I still owe you a BIG discount from last year when I originally set up, so come say hi and I'll sort you out with some freebees.

uktotty

Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:57 am

I will be there Sunday!
Benson DS - Fury Full Size - Rev 1.5SUL - Rev 1.5 SLE - Alpha Plus - Cody - 3 Symphony's - 2 NPW's - Viper - Vento - Wild Thang - Flexifoils - Elliot Mystic

russp

Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:40 am

i,ll be there saturday , i,ll be the bloke with a cernation strapped to his kite bag , do say hi , im looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible
see you all soon

russ

russp

Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:41 am

or a carnation even

nic

Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:11 am

I'm looking forward to seeing loads of FA peeps there; will anyone be selling FA T Shirts/Hoodies?

Depending on the weather, I'll be wearing a tie-died 2005 bristol Festival T, a straw hat if it's sunny, an orange Kona hoody if it's not
In the bag:

Growing older is inevitable, growing up is a matter of choice, and I choose not to!

Revolution 1
Revolution 1.5 SLE
Rev B Series
peter hall 8ft
stack of 2 x peter hall 5 ft
tracer (yes I am that old!)
Gemini