Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

dubster
Topic Author

Leeds Castle this Easter weekend

Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:36 am

Anyone thinking of paying a visit to Leeds Castle this weekend?

"21 March - 24 March - Up, Up and Away at Easter
Leeds Castle holds an Easter Kite spectacular featuring an impressive variety of colourful novelty kites, some of which can fly up to 500 feet and are so huge they need to be tethered to vehicles! Children can follow the kite trail through the grounds to win an Easter bunny and do craft activities - small additional charge applies."

We'll be there at some point, with any luck might find some local fliers!

:lol: == Weather Forecast Sat & Sunday == :( :shock:
Cloudy, Cold, odd sunny interval, odd shower, 3-5'C, NW winds @ 20-30mph

Sounds like perfectly typical conditions for a spring kite event !!
Ownage:
Benson Gemini (ex Bryan)
Fizz Box of Tricks std (1997)
Kingfisher Custom (1996)

sftonkin
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Re: Leeds Castle this Easter weekend

Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:18 pm

dubster wrote:
with any luck might find some local fliers!

Unlikely. The "kite team" is a couple that have been kitted out with display kites by Go-Kites and Flying Empress. There is no room for "local fliers". KKF (who have supported this event with some superb displays in hellish conditions over the years) are staying away, but I think Andy from "Kites and Things" is having a stall in the marquee.

This may be a kite festival, Jim, but not as we know it...

PS: You might find us at Brenzett if the weather perks up.

dubster
Topic Author

Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:21 pm

We popped to Leeds Castle this arvo, Cheryl took the Dragon SLK for a proper flight IN A BLIZZARD bless her! (pic's to follow :D)
I had a great 30 min session with the Over, I've completely nailed half & full axels both directions now which is chuffin grand, and I must admit the sun & wind was perfect about 4pm!

Met 1 local fella with an old Atelia, dunno what it was called, but it's a '99 model they've not made for ages. He was literally the only other guy flying tricks though.
Ownage:
Benson Gemini (ex Bryan)
Kingfisher Custom (1996)

lee.windmagic

Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:38 am

dubster wrote:
We popped to Leeds Castle this arvo, Cheryl took the Dragon SLK for a proper flight IN A BLIZZARD bless her! (pic's to follow :D)
I had a great 30 min session with the Over, I've completely nailed half & full axels both directions now which is chuffin grand, and I must admit the sun & wind was perfect about 4pm!

Met 1 local fella with an old Atelia, dunno what it was called, but it's a '99 model they've not made for ages. He was literally the only other guy flying tricks though.
this was me and i was flying a lithium made by atelier. glad you got your axle's sorted out

dubster
Topic Author

Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:46 am

Ahh that was YOU !!
What took you so long though? I recommended this place when we met at Leeds :lol:

Thanks for clearing up your kite name for those kite geeks among us :)
Next time I'm heading to Herne Bay (cousin lives on Beacon Hill) I'll drop you a PM & maybe meet up forra fly :) I'm still pretty crap but that doesn't stop me trying!
Ownage:
Benson Gemini (ex Bryan)
Kingfisher Custom (1996)