Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:58 pm

STACK will be running fun flying sessions at two up coming kite festivals:-

Hereford and Leominster Kite Festival
Berrington Hall, near Leominster
19th & 20th July

North Hants Kiters Jolly Up #15
Southlea, Farleigh Road, Cliddesden, near Basingstoke
2nd & 3rd August

The focus of the STACK activity at these events will be on "Skills Improvement" sessions aimed at flyers wishing to improve their precision or trick flying, or to try pairs, team or even mega-team flying.

Also, if you are a experienced kite flyer but have never tried a dual line kite, or are new to kite flying, how about trying a STACK "Have a Go" session, to see what flying a two or four line sport kite is like.

On each Sunday we will also hold an informal Summer League competition, for those that would like to try competing in a low pressure, friendly event. We will announce 3 figures for these competitions on the day, and as well as individuals we can accommodate pairs or teams wanting to have a try.

Although it is OK to just turn up at these events, if there is a specific skill you are interested in, particularly if you are interested in pairs or team flying, please let is know so that we can make sure we have the right resources available.

If you want to camp at Berrington, or take your vehicle into the kite area, you will need a parking pass. If you need one of these, please contact me and I will provide one.

If you want to camp at The Jolly-Up, please contact the Jolly-Up organizers (Kites Up).

I hope to see some of you at one or both of these events.
Barry
Team Flame & STACK National Director 2012-17

roisinroisin22

Re: STACK Fun Flying

Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:47 pm

Any venues for up north

Basa
Topic Author

Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:36 pm

We don't have anything planned in the North at present. However, if you had a small group interested in a bit of an introduction to pair or team flying, and you could come up with a suitable flying site we'd be happy to discuss whether something could be organized (overnight accommodation would also be a big help).
Barry

Basa
Topic Author

Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:39 pm

STACK at the Kiter's Jolly Up

Given the rather wet forecast for Saturday, the STACK coaching at the Jolly Up will be on Sunday only, not Saturday.

It's bad enough that we sometimes have to compete in the rain, we don't need to be teaching people to do it in the rain. :-)

On Sunday there will be a chance to learn about and try competitive sport kite flying and/or flying as a team or pair, or just to try a sport kite.

If you were specifically interested in some coaching but can only make the Saturday please let me know, ASAP, as I might able to get there on Saturday if needed (but I really don't wants to turn up just to sit in a tent / car sheltering from the rain).
Barry