Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

bryan beasley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Bristol Trick Out 2011

Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:56 pm

Sunday 4th September - bottom corner of the field, just past the arenas.

Let's aim for 1.30 registration ready for a 2.00 latest start, it's taken best part of a couple of hours the last few years - so best not be late and bring a chair. ;-) There will be Jaffa Cakes.

I fully intend to not walk round with a clip-board.

Bryan

Bakardi

Re: Bristol Trick Out 2011

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:14 pm

Ok...so that's Saturday 2:30pm start and no need to register......got ya, I'll let the others know :wink:
I fully intend to not walk round with a clip-board.

...a sheep dog would be better.
Mike

Jason
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:54 am

bryan beasley wrote:
There will be Jaffa Cakes. I fully intend to not walk round with a clip-board.

8)
Jason.

Infinitive

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:31 pm

I should be there. See you soon.
-------------------------------------- Al --------------------------------------

Old Greebo

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:38 pm

Darn. My plane to Malaga will be taking off from Cardiff that morning. I'll peer eastwards out of the window and see if there are any kites visible in the far distance!
(I still haven't decided whether to take my Rev 1.5 with me, or give up kiting for a couple of weeks and opt for more convenient luggage!)
Brian. (Past it, but reaching back!)
Silver Fox 2.5; HQ Shadow SUL; Rev 1.5 SLE; Spiderkites URO; Etc...

Ferris

Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:36 am

Really good to see some excellent flying Sunday afternoon...for me...i Think maybe...some of its sinking in...I'm sure i'll do much better in future, if only, to keep hold of my flying lines..

SkyJarv

Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:42 pm

Great show and lots of great flying from everyone- I'm increasingly more impressed at how good everyone is and improving quickly.. musnt get left behind.. :shock:

There were some great battles, some really close, with Piero victorious at the
end with some stunning flying - smooth like liquid man =D>

I think this should be at all festi's, or anytime- it is such fun!!! whos up for next weekend?
I bring jaffas

craig

bryan beasley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:51 pm

Yup, nice day out and great to see everyone as usual... no time just now, I'll do the write up later.

Bryan

bryan beasley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:22 pm

Oooh, Oooh - 2222 posts. Cool. This'll knacker that up then.

OK. I like Bristol Sunday - 's really the only time in the year we get so many freestylers in the one place at the one time. Great to see y'all, and all the by-standers too. I enjoyed the round-up policy too, no wandering, no clip-boards and no mild frustration at all. Just a big old speaker, a microphone and a couple of shout outs. "Can you hear Al? Get off'v the phone and walk this way." ;-)

16 man T.O. started on time with just a touch of minor cajoling and a few more missed out for not being in the right place at the right time. The FA sorting hat has gone missing, it'll be in a box somewhere unpacked as yet, so the draw was down to the 'fickle baccy tin of fate'...

Round 1.

Dave H (Popeye) vs. Tony S - Dave wins. Partly 'cos it was a good, strong opening show from Dave with a DS, and partly 'cos immediate tough tip wraps in the first 10 seconds of the first round don't help. And Old Skool is only any good in context ;-)

Jon E Vs. Doc James - Jon wins. Sweet looking CTC vs. one fugly WM. ;-) Good show from both, but Jon has been flying stronger for a while now and pulled through. Great to see Doc back from Down Under walkabouts though.

Al Tanner (Infinitive) Vs. Craig H - Craig wins. Pair of part-timers this year these two ;-) some sweet Akuji style from Craig won through though.

We fudged the draw just a touch next - cheating really, but we couldn't let Cam go out first round to the same opponent 3 years running, and Keith and Vee were going to have to share a kite against each other... Entertaining no doubt, but nah - not really.

Vee Vs. Cameron - Cam wins. Big grin a Vee's face though, flying a new kite.

Craig J vs. Bryan - Bryan wins. Nice round, didn't honestly see what Craig was up to, but top bloke a pleasure to share a field with.

Keith Vs. Chris - Chris wins. Keith had bought a Goff proto in the auction (proto or production? hmmm.) and suddenly looked like a trick flier, then didn't any more - then did again. Ermm only one winner here, but really sharp looking sails on both sides.

Piero Vs. Mike (Bakardi) - Piero wins. Great to see our Northern contingency again - no broken bones this year either.

Andy B Vs. Mike (Ferris) - Andy wins. My fault really, applying mild pressure to get Mike into the Arena for the first time. Well done. ;-) Good show from Andy this round, nice.

Quarter Finals

Dave H Vs. Jon E - Jon Wins. Best and closest match thus far. Smooth moves and strong style throughout. Great show.

Craig H Vs. Cameron - Craig wins. More sweet Akuji style from Craig here. Enough to win out despite some cracking Element moves from Cam, there were just a couple too many mistakes.

Bryan Vs. Chris - Chris wins. 'kin fix, honestly. Recount please. No? Ah well, fair enough then. ;-) In case you hadn't noticed allready - the bottom half of the draw really wasn't the place to be. I didn't actually see what Chris was up to much, too busy running round in circles - there was a goodly number of ooohs and aaahs from the crowd though.

Piero Vs Andy - Piero wins. Yeah, it's that bottom half of the draw thing.

Semi Finals

Jon E Vs. Craig - Jon wins. Another tight round, but I think in this instance, the sharpness of Jon's CTC won over the flow of the Akuji. (Hey Craig, beaten by your own kite - sheesh. ;-) )

Chris Vs. Piero - Piero wins. Damn! - just about as good as it gets just now.

Final

Jon Vs. Piero - Piero wins. Jaffa's thoroughly desreved, might need a bigger tube, I'm not sure they got all the way across the front row.

OK, well played everyone and thanks for joining in. We were interupted by little girls with red shoes on, freak weirdos with no sense of direction and all sorts of line issues (missing, dropped, wrapped up - all sorts). We had some slamming tunes out of Mikes Ipy Od, and were generally treated to some fantastic flying to be entertained by. Well done all, and congratulations to sustificate winners (They took hours to print and cut out, I hope you've looked after 'em :-) )

We really should do this more often.

Bryan

Popeye

Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:36 pm

Yup really enjoyed the day as always great fun and good to see everyone. Gongrats to Piero, great to watch and totaly consistent throughout =D> Good to see the newer flyers doing there stuff too especially Jon making it through to the final, also a Big thanks to Bryan and his clipboard for organising things :D

Bakardi

Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:20 am

Respect to Bryan for making the Trick out happen. =D>.
Well done to all that entered, some great flying. Congrats to Jon and Piero for making the final.

Bristol summed up for me...flew some kites...had a laugh...watched some great flying. Boss weekend.
Roll on 2012 :biggrin:
...........oh, and no trip to Bristol Royal Infirmary.. always a bonus :roll:
Mike

moog

Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:33 pm

It looks like no Bristol 2012. They annouced in the arena that with Olympics and 25 years of running the festival the volunteer organisors will take a year off.

Some really nice flying at the trick out with many contrasting styles :)
Dave

kareloh

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:31 am

Oh yes! Nice reading. TO's the best.
Due to the absence of an audioset on saturday we didn't do a TO in Den Helder last weekend. Too bad... we should do one at the TP afterparty.