Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

nufsed
Topic Author

Anyone for Perranporth next week

Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:13 am

Hi all.

I am off to Cornwall on Saturday 15th August for the week with the kids and will hopefully be doing lots of flying as well as other stuff like surfing, mountain biking, walking etc. ( actually mostly flying but have to keep the kids intersted too) :D

If you see a yellow DS or a purple Gem flying on or near Perranporth beach pop over and say hello
Gemini, Rev, 10ft Flexi, Fury .85 (That I still can't fly but Tom Can :), Yellow DS, White/Green DSUL

Spencer

Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:47 pm

I had a quick fly on Perranporth beach a couple of months ago. The life guards weren't too impressed with my flying and I was ordered stop :-( which was a shame as it is a great place to fly

Can vouch for the fish and chip shop next to the car park though.
Sp.

nufsed
Topic Author

Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:23 pm

shame these lifeguards think they run the beach..........
oh the do :P
i will try not to upset them but can't vouch for my kids who are beginners. I'm sure i will find somehwere that is suitable
I will definately try the chippy thanks Spencer
Gemini, Rev, 10ft Flexi, Fury .85 (That I still can't fly but Tom Can :), Yellow DS, White/Green DSUL

DaveyH

Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:27 pm

Do a lot of flying at New Brighton and (touch wood) the life guards have left me alone or even just sat and watched me and I'm c**p. Maybe they are used to it as there are plenty of flyers around there? :wave:

Bakardi

Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:21 pm

Just come back from Cornwall and there were PK'ers flying on Perranporth beach. Loads of space when the tides out. (after midday)

Mike

Fungus
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:29 am

As you go onto the beach there is a map showing where kite flying is allowed, the tide needs to be out and you have to go forward and right of the life guard station to where the beach narrows, i think, unless its changed, be there myself but not til sept.

fungus :D
w H ind c H ecks H ar 4 w H imps