Sunday 4th January 2009

The MKF New years Fly-in
Bosworth Battlefield Heritage Centre
Sutton Cheney
Nr. Market Bosworth
Nuneaton
CV13 0AD

From 10am

Please be aware this is 'NOT' the same site as the Market Bosworth Festival that we attend in the summer, but at the
Bosworth Battlefield Heritage Centre which is about 3-4 miles away to the south of the Country Park.
parking will be in the public car park ajacent to the flying area. a parking fee of £1.50 for the day will apply.

Hot drinks & mince pies will be available throughout the day from the Gazebo.
The Visitors Centre has excellent facilities with a licensed restaurant in a recently restored Tithe Barn which offers an extensive daily menu of hearty meals and light lunches.
For more information on the battlefield Heritage Centre site go to www.bosworthbattlefield.com

Bryan

StuartB

Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:59 am

Thanks for the heads up on this Bryan. There's a slim chance we may make it to this en route from points south to points north.

John

Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:13 pm

Hoping to be there. Not been flying for a whilst.
John

Miles F

Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:43 am

Hopefully going to make this one but it looks like its going to be a cold one!
A NOHD will be published for the DS in due course, till then wear sunnies.

Vee
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:37 pm

Good luck all of you freezing people there.
Love Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Needs to fly more, now that I can.

StuartB

Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:42 pm

Nice wind forecast though.

The Mad Pixie

Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:44 pm

Happy New Year to all who got to know us last year in our first flying season - the mad couple who want to fly everything...Santa did try deliveries by power kite, but carrying the presents was a bit of a problem......sorry, Bryan, didn't make 4 January - don't mind the cold....our problem in Avon Dassett, Warwickshire is the fact that we don't have any wind to fly kites in....even up the hill, where people are sledging, not flying! Hoping to fly locally tomorrow, but this will be the first flights of the year. Thank goodness all my kites are incredibly coloured - red, orange, yellow, black, etc....if they were grey, it would be difficult to see them on the ground....

Happy New Year to Vee and all airheads, too....have just been looking up all the dates for the STACK competitions (viewing only - haven't got that great, yet, but have managed a couple of Axels!) and all the kite calendar stuff to put on the diary....roll on Spring/windy weather/sun.

For interest.....we did take both Jest of Eve kite (Talon), T2, and power kites to the Maldives and Dubai before Christmas, and had great fun flying off a small island....all went well until the crashes....then I had to swim for it in the Indian Ocean while David stood at the end of the lines and laughed!!! Dubai beaches were perfect, but not so funny, as the Maldives at sunset!!!!

All the best,
Mad Pixie and Gnome
alias Sara and David Lyth :D

StuartB

Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:07 pm

You have to be careful of what you get up to on Dubai beaches!

We arrived at Bosworth just as everyone else was packing up due to the usual delays in getting started on our journey up from Kent. I managed a few minutes with my Nazko (see avatar) but with the wind dropping and my feet freezing I decided to give up and go and find somewhere to stop for tea (actually a late lunch).