Moderators: Craig, Andy S

Hawkerhunter
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Re: Northern Monkey Kite Group, Filey 2016

Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:43 pm

Steve

In the bag
Talon UL, Talon standard(x2), Talon vented, Talon SUL Prism Q Pro, Elixir, Zephyr, E3, E2, Hypnotist, Nexus, 3D, Micron

http://www.facebook.com/northernmonkeyskitegroup.nmkg

honchoboy

Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:05 pm

Fantastic weekend. I would say this was our best Filey meet to date. We seem to have got the format down now to what we know works and it never fails to amaze me how well we all seem to eat at this event. At times it seems like we are at a food festival :D

The wind on the Saturday was IMO the best wind i have ever flown in. It was like there was someone behind us with industrial fans blowing the most constant 8mph wind you have ever seen. A pure joy to be there with azure blue skies abound.

The competition was great fun and I was blown away with the improvement from some fliers. Everyone flew their very best and could hold their head high at the end of the day. One thing though, how on earth has Mark C not flown for 2 years and then the very first trick he pulls off is the most perfect, dazzling comete you have ever seen, again, and again, and again. =D>

All who attended got on so well that you would think we did this every weekend, and what was nice was that 3 people turned up on the Saturday who had somehow found our facebook page but were more or less complete novices and had come along just to watch, ask questions, and for one, it was clear that he was in his element, The poor guy had never met anyone else who flew kites (he also found he had kept his interest a secret from his friends through fear of being laughed at) and had been on his lonesome for months. 2 said that they would be returning in September. For me this is one of the best things about this event. Introducing new fliers to the scene and giving them an opportunity to just have a go.

Cannot wait till the September one now.
Ian
Northern Monkeys Kite Group

UK STACK Freestyle Champion '18

Hawkerhunter
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:39 am

Just over two weeks to go now till the September meeting at Filey. Cant believe how quick the time has passed since the last one. Hoping for a big improvement in the weather from what we have had through August.
Steve

In the bag
Talon UL, Talon standard(x2), Talon vented, Talon SUL Prism Q Pro, Elixir, Zephyr, E3, E2, Hypnotist, Nexus, 3D, Micron

http://www.facebook.com/northernmonkeyskitegroup.nmkg