Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

northern kite monkey
Topic Author

Northern Monkey Kite Group Filey 2015

Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:38 pm

DATES FOR FILEY 2015

Well here they are guys. As in the past we are going to hold two fly meets at Filey this year.

Filey 7 June 26th, 27th and 28th
Filey 8 September 11th, 12th and 13th.

These are informal fly meets which we hope will attract trick kite flyers from not just the UK but from far and wide. We will again use the Filey Brig Campsite but we cannot stress enough the importance of booking in advance particularly if you have a motor home and are planning the September visit. The site always fills up for this weekend. The usual format for the meetings will be ...

Friday...Arrive by midday. Get pitched and flying by mid afternoon.
Friday evening...Group BBQ, Beer followed by more cliff top flying.
Saturday ....Group breakfast, followed by more flying (practice for trick out comp)
Saturday afternoon following lunch we will have a trick out competition.
Saturday evening will be a curry night followed by more flying and then beers etc.
Sunday. BBQ breakfast, flying and then depart site by about 12 midday.

As previously stated our Filey meets are just an informal meeting of like minded kite junkies. The meetings have been a lot of fun in the past and we look forward to meeting not only our regular members but some new faces as well.

Thanks for checking out this post. More details will follow as the event gets nearer. If you have any questions please send a PM or wack a comment on this post. Smooth winds to all.

NMKG.
ImageFiley by hawkerhunter, on Flickr

Hawkerhunter
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Re: Northern Monkey Kite Group Filey 2015

Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:49 pm

Well with snow predicted for tomorrow it's always good to be talking about a kite meet hopefully in some sunshine.
I'm in for both dates. Hopefully we will continue to attract some new faces as well as the regulars. :D
Steve

In the bag
Talon UL, Talon standard(x2), Talon vented, Talon SUL Prism Q Pro, Elixir, Zephyr, E3, E2, Hypnotist, Nexus, 3D, Micron

http://www.facebook.com/northernmonkeyskitegroup.nmkg

roisinroisin22

Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:41 pm

"in"

for both dates

Jest_of_EVE
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Location: The exact opposite side of the planet to New Zealand - Bummer!

Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:27 pm

I'll say a maybe on this for June, probably right up until the last minute again, but will not be driving up on Friday evening ever again ever in a million years. Christ I need to forget that experience! I'll take a holiday day and set off early as I have enough grey hairs already!

Mark

Hawkerhunter
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:31 pm

Nice one Mark. :D If the weather looks good a few of us will be traveling up on the Thursday afternoon so that we are all pitched up and can make the most of Friday. So if traveling up on the Thursday would suite you better then at least you know someone will already be on site.
Steve

In the bag
Talon UL, Talon standard(x2), Talon vented, Talon SUL Prism Q Pro, Elixir, Zephyr, E3, E2, Hypnotist, Nexus, 3D, Micron

honchoboy

Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:45 pm

In for these. I know of 2 others who don't frequent FA who are coming.

Its fast becoming my annual holiday :)
Ian
Northern Monkeys Kite Group

UK STACK Freestyle Champion '18

Hawkerhunter
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:10 am

Ive booked my tent pitch. I will be arriving between 2 and 3pm on both Thursday 25th June and Thursday 10th September. :D
Steve

In the bag

northern kite monkey
Topic Author

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:20 am

Two months and counting down to the June meeting. Information is that at least 4 people are going to be on site on Thursday. Thursday nights meal I believe is a fish and chip supper in Filey.:D In about 4 weeks we will need to establish confirmed numbers primarily so the meals for the Saturday curry night can be prepared.

Hawkerhunter
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:43 am

With only two weeks to go to the first meet Ive put the shout out on NMKG facebook page for numbers for the Saturday curry so I can get them made up. If you are thinking of coming and will be their on the Saturday night and want a curry then please send me a PM so I can get you on the list. Thanks.

Steve
Steve

In the bag

jaydub

Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:51 am

Have a great time guys. Must try and catch up with you all sometime soon.

Hawkerhunter
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:21 am

Cheers Jon. The weather thus far has been terrible. We have hardly flown together this year, maybe three times which is unusual for us.
A meet up would be good but it's so difficult to plan ahead when the weather is so unpredictable.
Steve

In the bag

jaydub

Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:54 am

Think I've flown twice all year so far. On the odd occasions it hasn't been too windy, family suff has had to take priority.

Not sure my flying is getting any better, but I still enjoy chilling out flying. Just need to do it more often.

northern kite monkey
Topic Author

Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:19 am

Well were on our way today. Wish us luck. Four days of chill time with the kites. Weather doesn't look too bad. Plenty of sunny spells but a chance of some light rain on Friday morning and Sunday afternoon, but we all know that can change at the drop of a hat after all this is England :D :D . We will get some pictures up later. Cheers for now.

adicakes
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:32 am

Hoping to see a few VF entries from this meet. ;) Get those cameras rolling!

Popeye

Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:21 am

Yeah lets have some more uk entries, have a great time chaps, looking forward to the pics and videos :D