Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Kamikaze

WattyRev
Topic Author

Quad Tricky Wiki

Sat May 02, 2009 7:36 pm

Hey,
I'm Watty, and I've been editing the Tricky Wiki to include quad line tricks. So far, I have added 18 tricks, and I have more to come.
Hold on to your hats. :cool:
~Spence "Watty" Watson

Infinitive

Sat May 02, 2009 10:30 pm

!?

Hello I'm the local trick nomenclature pedant and lexicon non-proliferation service. 8)

There aren't 18 dualline tricks... What are these mystical manoeuvers of which you wiki?
-------------------------------------- Al --------------------------------------

WattyRev
Topic Author

Sun May 03, 2009 12:42 am

Axel,
axel catch,
basic catch
Fade
Falling Leaf
Flic-Flac
Ground Flac
Ground Pancake
Inverted Toss
Javelin Toss
Pancake
Pancake Catch
Samurai Catch
Sweep
Sweeping Toss
Toss and Catch
Upright Toss
Whip-Lash
Yo Yo Toss
~Spence "Watty" Watson

Fiction
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sun May 03, 2009 12:49 am

Lots of tossing and catching there. At the last count there were 4 quad tricks and two of those were suspect :P
Rob
6Fivers aria del sud

711jrp

Sun May 03, 2009 1:04 am

WattyRev wrote:
Axel,
axel catch,
basic catch
Fade
Falling Leaf
Flic-Flac
Ground Flac
Ground Pancake
Inverted Toss
Javelin Toss
Pancake
Pancake Catch
Samurai Catch
Sweep
Sweeping Toss
Toss and Catch
Upright Toss
Whip-Lash
Yo Yo Toss

A juggling forum might be more apt.
Pete
Fivers are alive
50% of the dognappers

WattyRev
Topic Author

Sun May 03, 2009 1:04 am

Yes, There are a bunch of different tosses and catches. Most of them are for indoors.
BTW, most of the tricks that I put up have a matching video tutorial that I have made as well. In fact, I just filmed a new one today.
~Spence "Watty" Watson

ObijuanKenobe

Sun May 03, 2009 8:59 am

!? (+1) :roll:

You can't have it both ways. Either you fly four lines, and you can brake and stall, move sideways and whatnot, as well as throw and spin...or you fly two lines, and you can explore slack line 'tricks'.

Throws and catches are just so, well, 'indoor', and really NOT slack line tricking in the pure sense of the term by my reckoning (except that your lines are slack while you are HOLDING the kite in your hands).

However, since I haven't done a darn thing for the wiki here...I'll keep out of this officially (minus the above comment).

obi

(Still I will give you props for having the enthusiasm to make your vids and contribute to the little cyber communities.)
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci

sftonkin
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sun May 03, 2009 9:06 am

WattyRev wrote:
There are a bunch of different tosses...

Hmm. Now, can I muster the maturity to resist the urge to follow this to its obvious conclusion on the "collective noun" thread..? :-)

Hold on to your hats.

...or they might be used to catch the results of the tossing?

OK, I clearly don't have the maturity.... :lol:

Infinitive

Sun May 03, 2009 12:25 pm

OK indoory stuff. I'm all for tutorial vids, but I think less people have the opportunity or desire to fly indoors than might be envisaged. To be honest I'd be surprised if a single person has done any indoor flying in the UK in the last couple of years. Anyone?
-------------------------------------- Al --------------------------------------

Kamikaze
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sun May 03, 2009 1:13 pm

The Northern Kite Group do indoor kite flying.
http://www.nkg.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1452

As I have said before the idea of having a Wiki is that all kite tricks are included this includes Quad, indoor and indoor Quad.

David
I am Editing the Wiki anything you would like adding please PM me.

WattyRev
Topic Author

Sun May 03, 2009 4:33 pm

ObijuanKenobe wrote:
!? (+1) :roll:

You can't have it both ways. Either you fly four lines, and you can brake and stall, move sideways and whatnot, as well as throw and spin...or you fly two lines, and you can explore slack line 'tricks'.

Throws and catches are just so, well, 'indoor', and really NOT slack line tricking in the pure sense of the term by my reckoning (except that your lines are slack while you are HOLDING the kite in your hands).

However, since I haven't done a darn thing for the wiki here...I'll keep out of this officially (minus the above comment).

obi

(Still I will give you props for having the enthusiasm to make your vids and contribute to the little cyber communities.)

Toss and catch is so indoors?? There are more variations that are used indoors, but I think it is more fun outdoors!

Besides, why not have both sides? Have the precision of a quad line kite while doing axels, flic-flacs, and falling leafs. If your lines aren't slack doing these, then you aren't doing them.
~Spence "Watty" Watson

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter

Sun May 03, 2009 5:07 pm

Kamikaze wrote:
As I have said before the idea of having a Wiki is that all kite tricks are included this includes Quad, indoor and indoor Quad.

Why?

Next will be Indian fighters, SLKs, power kiters, kite surfers etc. etc. does it not make more sense to have a distinctive Quad line Wiki?

Kamikaze
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sun May 03, 2009 8:32 pm

The reason that the Wiki should include Quad line tricks and not

Craig wrote:
Indian fighters, SLKs, power kiters, kite surfers etc. etc.

is that "Quad line tricks and flying" is part of the forum index. I can not fly any Quad tricks, but that does not make it right to exclude the people that do and use Fractured Axel from the Wiki.

David
I am Editing the Wiki anything you would like adding please PM me.

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter

Sun May 03, 2009 9:15 pm

I don't think that's a good enough reason tbh.

Dual line and quad line couldn't be more different IMO. just because a lot can do both doesn't mean I want to see the dual line Wiki polluted with quad line tricks and visa versa.

ObijuanKenobe

Sun May 03, 2009 9:22 pm

Craig wrote:
Does it not make more sense to have a distinctive Quad line Wiki?

:D (Again, this coming from someone who has NOT contributed in the slightest to this resource.)

obi
Last edited by ObijuanKenobe on Mon May 04, 2009 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci