mobius
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:18 pm

This must be the month for International kiting tact and diplomacy :shock:
Dave Morley

ObijuanKenobe

Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:31 pm

Why attack me, Joe Smithcreek and RandyG? :( All I did was wonder why it would matter if there are two. I didn't see even any reason to bring the other one up in the first place.

Attacking someone you don't know won't help anything, Mr. Smithcreek and RandyG. But after all, that is the American way (our way) of dealing with conflict, isn't it? Good luck with that.

My comments concerning Americans and America come from 20 years of growing up in Wisconsin, and 12 years of living in Chicago (edit: resume which makes me sound smug). I live now in Holland because I am smart (you said it 8) ) and it makes me happy. Still, I'll say whatever the f$#k I want about my fellow Americans and that hollowed out shell of a Republic called the USA. You like GWTW, so what are you doing here?

I have been respectful in every way here. When I said "GWTW be damned," I meant only to question why anyone at FA cares if there is another wiki. I have given nothing but props to Randy Greenway for his contributions to my flying with email and feedback. :shock: We all must breathe, read all the posts, think, THEN type.

Staking out claims over intellectual territory in this realm is useless, pointless, and childish. There are two WIKIs, agree that this one is probably better for FA, and yours is better for GWTW, and proceed to just get over it. :evil:
Last edited by ObijuanKenobe on Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci

kmac

Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:59 pm

Am I missing something here? A cursory scanning of the posts on both forums would lead me to believe that the "Kiting Wiki" would have a very broad scope, including all aspects of kiting.(?) The "Tricky Wiki" on the other hand is pretty narrowly focused on dual line tricks.(?)

I think it's a great resource to have both, and hopefully they can find a solid contributor base. I don't see them as being direct competition, except in one, very narrowly focused, section. Hopefully, the two owner/editor/wikinistas can find a way to collaborate on the overlap.

Ken
"idiot ignorant prick American"

ObijuanKenobe

Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:03 am

Ahh, finally an "idiot ignorant prick American" with some level-headedness. Now we are talking again. Discussion is nice, huh?

Thanks for that, Ken.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci

tboreal

Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:06 am

I posted a video of doing crazy copters from a backspin on gwtw.

I also posted video of crazy copters starting from downward flight on my (publically linked) blog.

may i have a link to these trick please

smithcreek

Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:35 am

ObijuanKenobe wrote:
...and another four completing my doctorate.

*yawn* I think I've read less than 5% of the posts here in the past six months and already seen you post it. How many times did you post it that I missed?

We all must breathe, read all the posts, think, THEN type.

Oh, Mr. Rational I see. I just went back to that thread someone started to post a football joke and you blathered on about hating America this and that. Now I see you said:
Well, then shut up.

Yeah, you're a real model of civil discourse. We oughta send you in to help the Isrealis and Palestinians make peace. Pretty easy to tell someone to shut up over the internet eh?
I have been respectful in every way here.

In the same way that you go on and on about Americans, not directly talking about any one person, I could on about whiny twits who don't realize how good Americans have it and can do nothing but complain. But I'm not talking about you, directly, so I guess I can say that it's just my opinion and I'm still totally respectful of everyone.

JW Alias

Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:13 am

Damn, this forum is great. The kite world needs more guys like ObijuanKenobe. I really miss threads like this one.

GWTW is so ultra conservative these days it makes me want to put a gun to my head.

Dear FA moderators,

Please don't ban right away.

Thanks,
JW

Andy S
King of FA
Topic Author

Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:54 am

First off: I apologise to any Americans caught in my sweeping generalisation, and anyone else upset by my post. I was angry and frustrated by the fact that all the work done on the Tricky Wiki might be for naught. Such language and sentiment is never constructive. Sorry.

As the general consensus seems to be: Let's hope both Wikis thrive and where they overlap, let's hope too much work isn't uneccesarily duplicated.

ObijuanKenobe

Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:43 am

Topic=ON

I really feel I tried to bring the ends together, tie them, and move on. Instead, I was attacked again. But if you aren't really reading other people's posts, then I understand why you can get so worked up. Misunderstandings are common when you don't read the response to which you are responding.

Topic=OFF

I had posted much more of a "response" here at first. Then I thought better not. Still....

You won't offend me by talking directly to me. Don't worry, I have a thick skin. And what does "how good Americans have it" have to do with whatever point you are trying to make? Let me see if I can distill it down.... I got it! Because life is so good in America, you shouldn't care what the gov't does in your name? Ahh, now I see. Brilliant logic.

With great American patriots like you, who needs enemies!?

Topic=ON

I think we should keep the FA wiki, and I think GWTW should keep theirs. Then, after ten years, we should decide which is better by counting the number of hits.

JW Alias

Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:12 pm

ObijuanKenobe wrote:

Topic=ON

I think we should keep the FA wiki, and I think GWTW should keep theirs. Then, after ten years, we should decide which is better by counting the number of hits.

I doubt that will take long. :lol: :lol: In 10 years I bet you could be up to a few hundred hits.

ObijuanKenobe

Ahh, yeah. You see the point?

Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:46 pm

My point exactly, if you are being sarcastic. It's not about hits, or who was first, or whatever. If each community can agree that each doesn't preclude/replace/compete with the other, then why cannot the same logic be applied to any resources built by either community?

Who cares about the number of contributors to each unless the object is for there to be eventually only one forum as well. Since this is clearly not the objective (of at least FA, I hope), then I still don't see why the two can't co-exist without rendering the other somehow useless, obsolete, or less valuable. For the same reasons FA and GWTW are different, their wiki's can also differ while coexisting. The universe will still rotate and continue to expand. Certainly Peter's Kite Site and Roy Reed's site are not somehow in opposition or competition.

Over and out.
Last edited by ObijuanKenobe on Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

christian

Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:47 pm

WOW..

I have always enjoyed the Fractured axel forums..
I never post here but come here quite often for information and have a great time reading you guys' posts.
I have never felt uncomfortable here until now.

I am an American and am shocked at the stereotypical slinging of hatred. (thats how it looks to me)
And its by the Admin himself?
Boy do I feel welcome here.
:cry:
chris christian
oklahoma city

kareloh

Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:52 pm

C'mon people...
Let's keep things friendly.
Apologies are made, let's move on.

Generalisation is never a good thing, but taking every written word personal isn't really smart either....

ObijuanKenobe

Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:55 pm

Hate? Whatever. Geez, this is way too serious for me. And way too off topic.
Last edited by ObijuanKenobe on Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jest_of_EVE
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Location: The exact opposite side of the planet to New Zealand - Bummer!

Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:24 pm

[/End Of Tiff]

Please? :crazy: