Moderators: Craig, Kamikaze

Andy S
King of FA
Topic Author

Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:37 pm

Jest_of_EVE wrote:
[/End Of Tiff]

Please? :crazy:

Quite. If anyone's got a problem: Email me.

Andy S
King of FA
Topic Author

Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:41 pm

@Audiorob. What features do you feel TikiWiki is missing that you would expect to see? And how would you propose we migrate to another type, assuming I would want to?

randyg

Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:47 pm

Andy S wrote:
First off: I apologise to any Americans caught in my sweeping generalisation, and anyone else upset by my post. I was angry and frustrated by the fact that all the work done on the Tricky Wiki might be for naught. Such language and sentiment is never constructive. Sorry.

Well put, Andy. I too must apologize to you and ObijuanKenobe and others for posting before breathing. I probably could have gotten my point across better if I had given it more thought. :oops: I am really not all that familiar with either wiki (or the third one that's now linking to my blog) but in briefly viewing the two, they do seem quite different. I have not been following this thread at all and have only recently jumped in to even see what a wiki is.

I consider you guys friends but it is possible that friends have a spat from time to time. I think that is what happened here...nothing more. :cool: I've always been a fan of the FA forum and that won't change.

I must say I have never been "roundly condemned" before. It didn't feel quite as bad as it sounds. :lol:
Randy
My Blog

Jest_of_EVE
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Location: The exact opposite side of the planet to New Zealand - Bummer!

Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:27 pm

:D Hugs all round then! :D

Mark

JW Alias

Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:11 pm

christian wrote:
WOW..

I have always enjoyed the Fractured axel forums..
I never post here but come here quite often for information and have a great time reading you guys' posts.
I have never felt uncomfortable here until now.

I am an American and am shocked at the stereotypical slinging of hatred. (thats how it looks to me)
And its by the Admin himself?
Boy do I feel welcome here.
:cry:

You're paying the price for voting Bush and CO. into office. (twice) Kinda sucks that a lot of the world hates us now doesn't it? You're shocked at the stereotyping? :lol: :lol: :lol: You should be shocked that you don't see a lot more of it.

audiorob

Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:17 pm

Andy S wrote:
@Audiorob. What features do you feel TikiWiki is missing that you would expect to see? And how would you propose we migrate to another type, assuming I would want to?

In the middle of uploading 4 more tutorials (2 point landing, tip stab, crazy copter, multilazy) to my website so ill make this brief and to the point.

Be nice if it had a nicer looking front page

Better 'wiki code' (it is very limited it seems).

Discussion pages per topic (I cant see to find this ability if it's there)

Premade templates

Open editing (no more pm to andy to get in)

Better picture support

Fewer bugs (Ive had lots of instances where perfectly good code did not function proper..)

Own domain (Ill gladly pay for it myself)

There's some other bits too, most of all it'd be nice to have more user participation. I cant say how incredibly painful it is to see people quote entries and complain about them even though this IS A WIKI and people can (should) edit it at will to make corrections, disambiguate, add and remove.

Ive hear it said many times in reference to democracy, "If you didnt vote, dont bitch". The wiki goes one step further, if you dont like it, then change it. Even malevolent entries and edits can bring to light new ideas and flaws in the way we think.

If you have any messanger's, msn or aim or whatnot Andy, I can tell you all the ideas I wrote down for the wiki I originally planned (but decided not to, since you already began one 8-) )
Anyway this cake is great.
It's so delicious and moist

Gary Matthews
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:35 pm

Just bloody wish i could get on the GWTW forum : :( : , this is great stuff!!!!

PS if anyone could point me i the right direction of being able to log on, i'd appeciate this immensely..... 8)

mobius
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:42 pm

Dave Morley

Gary Matthews
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:04 pm

Dave......done all this, just goes back to register blah blah!! just sent Steve an Email regarding the problem.....

kitegem

Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:06 pm

Steve's out of town for a bit.

Neil E
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:12 am

Goodnight John Boy - good night Mary Lou - Goodnight Grandma.

and they all lived happily ever after :firing: :fingers: :finger2: :drinking: :drunk: :givemebeer: :bazooka: :beer: :whaasup:
KITE Rx

audiorob

Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:06 pm

Hrm. all this talk and chat and posturing... Click last month's changes and it's only 1 person.

Really now, what was the point of all this again?

Im done editing till I see someone else doing something. I want more than anything to help make a great wiki but a great wiki is not made by a single person. A great wiki is made by many as possible.

Even if you dont think you're good enough or cant write well enough, pm andy to get an edit login and get to work. There are a few folks who have good knowledge to clean up any major mistakes in grammer, spelling or writing.

It only takes a few minutes (I did this morning's edit in 5 minutes while making breakfast). Make it your mealtime computer time :)
Anyway this cake is great.

It's so delicious and moist

Ian Newham
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:04 pm

Aaagh - I was happily editing when it went all flowery :shock:

Andy S
King of FA
Topic Author

Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:08 pm

Sorry - was working on a 'better looking front page'

Infinitive

Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:47 pm

[minor tiff]

audiorob, I stopped editing because you kept "sanitising" my interestingly written articles, turning them into wastelands of tedium.

[/minor tiff]

And it is grammar, not grammer.
-------------------------------------- Al --------------------------------------