Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Kamikaze

Infinitive

Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:44 pm

Yeah good point, maybe I'll do it! (or, We'll do it, of course!)

Does it use the same markup as Wikipedia? As in, could I cut and paste the code for a table from Wikipedia? Suppose I could find out myself...

edit: hmm no it doesn't..
-------------------------------------- Al --------------------------------------

Infinitive

Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:04 am

I've entered yoyo. Rewrote it from PP's, please correct it if there are mistakes. Thanks.
-------------------------------------- Al --------------------------------------

RossGoodman

Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:37 pm

Is there any merit in listing on each trick page, which (popular) kites are best/worst at the trick?

eg, I struggled for weeks trying to axel my Pulsar but managed it on the first attempt on my Stranger.

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter

Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:42 pm

Trouble is that's really skill level dependant.

RossGoodman

Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:53 pm

Good point.

Anyone else find it ironic that the Fractured Axel Tricky Wiki does not describe the Fractured Axel yet?

Ross

Infinitive

Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:41 pm

I've avoided it because there are plenty of different ways of doing it on plenty of different kites and I don't feel confident describing them as I only ever do it one way (both hands pull rather than just the non-popping hand pull).

audiorob

Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:50 am

I've finally got my new laptop sorted and back on editing the wiki at least 1 new article a day.

Join in folks. Only takes a few minutes of your day to make possibly one of the top kiting resources (ever?) available.

besides, the whole idea of a wiki is defeated if there's only one or two fellows editing it!
Anyway this cake is great.
It's so delicious and moist

ObijuanKenobe

Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:53 am

Welcome back, ARob.

Did my first TAZMachine yesterday...although I could only repeat it once...thanks to your tutorial.

Now...how about a yo-yo comete tutorial? :cool:

jjayc
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci

audiorob

Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:59 am

ObijuanKenobe wrote:
Now...how about a yo-yo comete tutorial? :cool:

:?

I assume I'll never be able to post here again without posting a video of it :shock:

slotmachine tutorial was put up, and I just finished uploading rolling cascade, crazy copter and 2pop rollups, as well as the first in the 'make your own kite for ~$100' series. Will be announcing the links on my website over the next few days (assuming I dont find something i dislike about the tutorials, which happens often). birthday is tommorow so i maybe preoccupied :)

ObijuanKenobe

Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:02 am

Naw. That's not true. That was my LAST poke at that one.

And I for one am grateful for at least one of your tutorials. I really was laughing hysterically yesterday, as I got in (of course) on the first try. The repeating of it was a bit more complicated. It's too bad it takes so many repetitions for your cerebellum to take over the flying. Anyway, you are a good guy, and a great flyer (as far as your videos show), so why on Earth would anyone not want you here?!

That being said, you might hear about the yo-yo comete again from someone else....

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci

ObijuanKenobe

Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:06 am

That's cool (new tutorials). Very interested to see what you put out under the title "build your own for under 100 dollars". That could be something for you and some other guys on this forum to collaborate on....

Happy birthday, by the way.

audiorob

Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:32 am

If you can do an insane you can do the taz machine easily and vice versa

give the input for an insane and right before the line 'locks' into that pocket between the TE and LS give the input with your bottom hand. It's that simple.

the build your own is something i've been working on for a while, and recently solved one of the major problems in it :) Im finishing production on the 3rd part of it today.. covers everything from template making, sewing machine setup, detailed video of construction techniques and bridle making and framing tips etc... If there's a good amount of interest I am thinking about doing a series on basic design as well but we'll see. Lots of kites to make and ship besides all these videos :)

Gladly accept any input from other folks, I always credit others for their contributions.
Anyway this cake is great.

It's so delicious and moist

Ian Newham
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:10 pm

audiorob wrote:
besides, the whole idea of a wiki is defeated if there's only one or two fellows editing it!

I've had to drop out for a little while because I have the bosses secratary sat behind me looking over my shoulder at the moment :roll:
I'll be glad when she moves...

Bugly

Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:04 pm

@Ian does the world move when she moves? I had a secratary like that once. Well not in a biblical sense. :-D

Ian Newham
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:28 pm

She'd like to think so :roll: