Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, Yan, Zippy8

Davey
Topic Author

VF5 - Ideas for next round

Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:20 pm

Right,

It's about time I was getting organised with regards the next round. One thought that's been lurking about was inspired by taking part in the Trick Thang at Bristol... Why not make proper use of the artistic component in the scoring and propery incorporate it with the music?!

So at the moment I'm leaning very heavily towards: VF5 'The Musical' (The stalls are alive with the sound of myoooooosic! and all that) THe basic idea is that instead of having 'car wash' music as a backing to the video - it becomes a pre-requisite in that the artistic scoring is based on how well everything fits into the tune you fly to.

It shouldn't be an imposition in that pretty much everyone has a walkman/ipod/backing band available and any video program worth anything has the option of overdubbing a given music track.

There will be plenty of time to submit the entries in this round (I'm looking at a much bigger window for this round given the changes) and TBH I can't see there being *that* much of an issue for folk on it.

Anyone have anything (constructive) to add / comment on?

PS - I'm also looking at bringing it down to just 2 classes - I've had to do this for the past 2 rounds, and I thought I may as well just default it to that anyways.
Davey
::
Nope, I hadn't fallen off the map. Although one would be excused for thinking so...

jimothy

Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:40 pm

Very much approve of this idea, Davey! I may well be tempted to try and get something on film this time round (if I can find someone with a camera - any offers?)
Amazing
Box of Tricks $
Double Zero
Frenezy
Impact; Vented, Std, UL $
Maestrale $
Nirvana; Std, UL (reframe)
Ronin
Sweety $
XnTric $

$ for sale

Jest_of_EVE
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Location: The exact opposite side of the planet to New Zealand - Bummer!

Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:08 pm

Yes indeedy, a good idea. Give us a track! Hang on, I don't have access to a camera.....never mind, it'd be good practice to pop it on the player and have a little fly to.

Mark

Phillip

Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:26 pm

jimothy wrote:
Very much approve of this idea, Davey! I may well be tempted to try and get something on film this time round (if I can find someone with a camera - any offers?)

We have the requistite camera. Tt's then just a case of getting you, with kite, and me (or some other camera person), with camera, into the same field at the same time with a reasonable wind.

bryan beasley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:03 pm

Ditto to Mark.

Bryan

kevin
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:20 pm

Will the length of the video change or will we be editing a tune down to one minute?

Kevin

Davey
Topic Author

Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:35 pm

I'd be inclined to keep it to about 60 seconds - as much to keep file sizes reasonable - It's as much catching the 'right' 60 seconds of the tune if you know what I mean.

It's really just an experiment/discussion on a thought provoked by taking part in the Trick Thang.
Davey
Nope, I hadn't fallen off the map. Although one would be excused for thinking so...

jimothy

Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:49 am

Phillip wrote:
jimothy wrote:

We have the requistite camera. Tt's then just a case of getting you, with kite, and me (or some other camera person), with camera, into the same field at the same time with a reasonable wind.

Thanks - see you soon
Amazing
Box of Tricks $
Double Zero
Frenezy
Maestrale $
Ronin
Sweety $
XnTric $

$ for sale

Jest_of_EVE
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Location: The exact opposite side of the planet to New Zealand - Bummer!

Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:22 pm

Thanks Bryan for the ditto. Actually my sister has a camera but if I set it on a tripod in my local park and flew to music for a while I'd turn around and it would already have been sold in the nearest pub! :lol:

Mark

SteveR
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:51 pm

Jim, i have 3 1/2 mins worth of video on my cam - heath tomorrow..?

jimothy

Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:38 am

We can try, steve, but I think we may have more luck with Phillip's :D
Amazing
Box of Tricks $
Double Zero
Frenezy
Maestrale $
Ronin
Sweety $
XnTric $

$ for sale

SteveR
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:39 am

my first VF was done on a similar digicam, so its not THAT bad!

Andy S
King of FA

Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:55 pm

Hmm.. With the drop in numbers of competitors, are you sure it's a good idea to introduce further complications to entering?

IIRC the original idea stated that you don't even have to add music, the idea was to make it as accessible as possible to as many people as you could?

Davey
Topic Author

Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:42 pm

Still not 100% sure on the idea... Whether or not it's a 'go-er' is yet to be decided... I would say that making it 'compulsory' would be the wrong approach, possibly 'encouraged' rather than 'required'.

I'm going through a bit of a mini-crisis with VF given the large drop in numbers in the last round. I'd hoped that the cross-post for comments would have garnered some impetus behind this but once again the underwhelming lack of interest from another forum doesn't bode too well...

I'll probably jsut soldier on regardless...
Davey

Zippy8

Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:43 pm

A big kite prize.

You know it makes sense.

Mike.