Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, Yan, Zippy8

Juha
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:18 pm

@lex wrote:
For me this is certainly a way to make myself a better flier, and I hope that by next round I am able to put up something more interesting!

That's the right attitude - generally people seem to feel too much pressure about trying to shoot a continuous 60 second video. Anyone who can keep a kite in the air can do that, and it's even possible to get good marks without attempting anything crazy.

Then again, many people like a bit of pressure when they're flying - me included - and VF provides a platform for them too. It's fun to know something is at stake when you're going for that final big trick - makes you fly sharper. Those who like that feeling and have access to competitions are lucky, but with VF, it's available to the rest of us too. That's why I hope VF will survive.

Juha

bryan beasley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:15 pm

Succint Juha, and I agree.

Bryan

SteveR
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:21 pm

OK when is VF5 kicking off :):)

Having missed the last 2, and gone away and put some practice hours in to improve, I'm up for the next one!

For what its worth Im planning to fly at Bristol again this year, despite coming last place last year. I know I will fly much better this year, even if its still no better than the other competitors (of course I do not want to come last again...:))