Topic Author

Re: Compulsory routines...

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:06 pm

fworley wrote:
Perhaps this will help ?

[video /video]

-Frazer

Darn Frazer, you made me laugh there.
Despite the self aid guide little doctor you reference, you are absolutely right.

Thanks for the humorous criticism to my attitude.
Cheers.
In my bag...
Duals: No-name (No-brand), Nexus (Prism), Talon UL (JoE), Soul (Flying Wings), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura 4.7Oz (Sky Burner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)

711jrp

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:23 pm

Yan wrote:
711jrp wrote:
I have as it goes why is this drivel still here!

Now your just repeating yourself....

I am always keen to hear what people think about VF... positive or negative :wink:

And shall continue to repeat myself until my voice is heard You sir as the custodian of the last true freestyle competition are coming up lacking. This IS the the very reason VF exist, we will not be chained like slaves......
Pete
Fivers are alive
50% of the dognappers

Yan

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:48 pm

:)
I never said I would be any good at running VF, just that I was willing to take it on and keep it going....
In what way are you chained?
The competition side of it is important but I also think that VF should be inclusive, accessible and help promote a sense of community in the world of freestyle.

711jrp

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:55 pm

If you feel there is enough entrants you could always bring back the novice competition for people who want to fly patterns and don't understand this tricky flicky stuff. It's a travesty they vote on the top flight anyway.

Personally a better plan of action would be send them to the stack or TP section where they can arrange something off their own with like minded people

Freestyle deserves to be protected and not watered down.
Pete
Fivers are alive
50% of the dognappers

Ara Ararauna
Topic Author

Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:06 pm

711jrp wrote:
If you feel there is enough entrants you could always bring back the novice competition for people who want to fly patterns and don't understand this tricky flicky stuff. It's a travesty they vote on the top flight anyway.

Personally a better plan of action would be send them to the stack or TP section where they can arrange something off their own with like minded people

Yes, Sir!
I will force myself to be free and unchained.
Yes, Sir!
I will commit myself to flying without a pre-programmed schedule, sequence or pattern.
Yes, Sir!
I shall not chain anyone like a slave.
Yes, Sir!
I shall protect freestyle with my life.

:lol:
In my bag...
Duals: No-name (No-brand), Nexus (Prism), Talon UL (JoE), Soul (Flying Wings), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura 4.7Oz (Sky Burner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)

Yan

Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:10 pm

711jrp wrote:

So you seem to be saying that VF should only be for elite flyers and those of us who fall short of the mark can't appreciate the skill involved sufficiently to vote on it?

711jrp

Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:17 pm

Yan wrote:
711jrp wrote:

So you seem to be saying that VF should only be for elite flyers and those of us who fall short of the mark can't appreciate the skill involved sufficiently to vote on it?

For sure I am.... there is a good 30-40% of the field that do not understand what the top 10% are doing, Or at very least don't comprehend the difficulty of one combo to another.
Pete
Fivers are alive
50% of the dognappers

Ara Ararauna
Topic Author

Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:26 pm

711jrp wrote:
Yan wrote:
711jrp wrote:

For sure I am.... there is a good 30-40% of the field that do not understand what the top 10% are doing, Or at very least don't comprehend the difficulty of one combo to another.

Yes, we all apologise for dirtying your flying fields, your posts in this forum, for daring fly kites and for living in the same world in which you live.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
In my bag...

Ara Ararauna
Topic Author

Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:40 pm

711jrp wrote:

So, as I understand it, you have never been a newbie yourself.
You were born performing difficult combos...
:wink:
In my bag...

Keithgrif
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:59 pm

Pete always has been a bit of a troll, take no heed of him.

It's been a while but I don't recall his flying being THAT good, certainly not up to the level of his mate Piero :-P
Keith
STACK UK
National Director 2006-2012

ExGrads pairs, fourth in Europe 2011!!!
Airheads team, 10th in the world 2012

711jrp

Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:29 pm

Ara Ararauna wrote:

Yes, we all apologise for dirtying your flying fields, your posts in this forum, for daring fly kites and for living in the same world in which you live.
:lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

I'm glad you understand thanks.
Last edited by 711jrp on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pete
Fivers are alive
50% of the dognappers

711jrp

Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:33 pm

Keithgrif wrote:
Pete always has been a bit of a troll, take no heed of him.

It's been a while but I don't recall his flying being THAT good, certainly not up to the level of his mate Piero :-P

I'm not trolling here Keith, I do feel very strongly about this. Do you think Piero got that good on is own do you?
Pete
Fivers are alive
50% of the dognappers