Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, Yan, Zippy8

Yan

Re: Flight with a reasonably priced kite(tm)

Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:01 pm

bryan beasley wrote:
Make it a long term project maybe... get a beater out of the library or one of us just go buy a £50 Prism, HQ or some-such. Post it around and each who want to play do a 90sec VF style vid to post up in a dedicated thread, then pass it on. Like the one kite trick outs we did a few years back. May take 12 months, but still...

Bryan

Nice one Bryan :-D This seems like a good solution/comprimise.... and I think will achieve Dave's original remit of getting some 'VF style' videos done with affordable kites. Perhaps each video should open with kite name, manufacturer and cost.

So, not a bad idea... just needed thrashing out a bit :wink:

Keithgrif
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:35 am

Maybe the kite should go around with the banner, see how good the VF winners really are...

:lol:
Keith
STACK UK
National Director 2006-2012

ExGrads pairs, fourth in Europe 2011!!!
Airheads team, 10th in the world 2012

fourmatic

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:14 pm

bryan beasley wrote:
Like the one kite trick outs we did a few years back. May take 12 months, but still...Bryan

any info? link :shock:

One 60-70 euro kite with VF banner to winner. Can we start at autumn?
I cannot see any problem with a kite.Need just write to any kite company for help.Or just one of us can donate his old kite..

only the Shipping may cost now more...is this a problem for us?
I found this kind of game is very funny and I am IN :lol:
(to be clear: we need to do then 2 videos.One for regular round(your kite) another one (cheap kite) for future "VF Style" round)

Alex

bryan beasley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:13 pm

fourmatic wrote:
any info? link :shock:

Don't remember any videos, but we just had one kite and ran a regular Trick Out (Hot Tricks) (Trick Battle) with it, handing the lines over each switch.

Bryan

Yan

Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:06 pm

mmmm I'm not sure I want to link it directly to VF rounds, and it seems a bit cheeky to expect the winner of a round to do a video with a different kite as a reward(?) for winning.

My personal preferance would be to have a seperate thread running, as described by Bryan, of VF style videos done by those who want to. I wouldn't expect anybody to produce two entrys for a VF round - VF must remain an accessible, inclusive competition format for all.

fworley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:47 am

Yan wrote:
mmmm I'm not sure I want to link it directly to VF rounds, and it seems a bit cheeky to expect the winner of a round to do a video with a different kite as a reward(?) for winning.

My personal preferance would be to have a seperate thread running, as described by Bryan, of VF style videos done by those who want to. I wouldn't expect anybody to produce two entrys for a VF round - VF must remain an accessible, inclusive competition format for all.

Yeah, we need a Virtual Cheapstyle thread/comp.

-Frazer

fourmatic

Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:55 pm

Yan wrote:

so one kite anyway... For All who want to take a part....BUT...
In this case it may take a very long time...maebe a few years.(Shipping worldwide from hands to hands).

Crazy idea..really. :roll:

So many men, so many opinions

Alex