Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, Yan, Zippy8

Zippy8
Topic Author

Virtualfreestyle.net.......

Mon May 13, 2013 1:39 am

..... used to be "our" URL. Something very, very bad has happened to it. :shock:

You're better off taking my word for it. No need to check it out for yourself, especially at work. :wink:

Mike.

Yan

Re: Virtualfreestyle.net.......

Mon May 13, 2013 10:51 am

Zippy8 wrote:
..... used to be "our" URL. Something very, very bad has happened to it. :shock:

You're better off taking my word for it. No need to check it out for yourself, especially at work. :wink:

Mike.

Oh dear... better think about what to do with the banner... can't really advertise that address anymore.... it used to just redirect to the new website :?

fourmatic

Thu May 16, 2013 11:29 am

I really like new VF place at .com. Even better as it was before.Easy and simple.Or I am wrong? :)

.net can be used for redirecting..its too complicated to duplicate all VF stuff.

Banner(you mean VF flag) can be updated.Just replaced(or whatever) .net to .com
Thats all. For example I can do it for free(in local Tshirt shop):)

Yan

Thu May 16, 2013 1:46 pm

fourmatic wrote:
I really like new VF place at .com. Even better as it was before.Easy and simple.Or I am wrong? :)

.net can be used for redirecting..its too complicated to duplicate all VF stuff.

Banner(you mean VF flag) can be updated.Just replaced(or whatever) .net to .com
Thats all. For example I can do it for free(in local Tshirt shop):)

The new website is much better... mostly (completely) because Adrian's IT skills are infinitely better.
Updating the winners banner in some way would be good. I am a bit reluctant to replace it completely because of the people that have signed it already.
The most straight forward thing to do might be to put a line through .net and write underneath .com.

krijn
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu May 16, 2013 4:03 pm

Yan wrote:
The most straight forward thing to do might be to put a line through .net and write underneath .com.

I was thinking the same, I'll fix it, okay?

Krijn

Yan

Thu May 16, 2013 4:12 pm

krijn wrote:
Yan wrote:

Krijn

Sound like a plan 8-)

fourmatic

Fri May 17, 2013 1:46 pm

Yan wrote:
krijn wrote:
Yan wrote:

Krijn

Sound like a plan 8-)

Solved! :cool: Seems to be the most reasonable at the moment.Yan?

krijn
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue May 21, 2013 9:11 pm

Krijn

Yan

Tue May 21, 2013 9:32 pm

Thanks Krijn.

Davey

Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:55 am

Folks,

I can only apologise for letting this happen. I haven't been flying, etc. in well over a year and had neglected to renew the .net domain - forgotten about and lost in email address changes. I've raised a query with the company who handled the registration in relation to reclaiming the name, and unfortunately given that it's a .net as opposed to .uk the news wasn't overly encouraging. It would need to be approached through www.wipo.int

One question they did raise was in relation to profiteering - did the new registrant get in touch at any point about selling the domain name back?

What I plan to do is ask the question of WIPO and also contact the current 'owner' to see about the possiblity of a transfer back.
Davey
::
Nope, I hadn't fallen off the map. Although one would be excused for thinking so...

Yan

Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:25 pm

Davey wrote:
Folks,

I can only apologise for letting this happen. I haven't been flying, etc. in well over a year and had neglected to renew the .net domain - forgotten about and lost in email address changes. I've raised a query with the company who handled the registration in relation to reclaiming the name, and unfortunately given that it's a .net as opposed to .uk the news wasn't overly encouraging. It would need to be approached through http://www.wipo.int

One question they did raise was in relation to profiteering - did the new registrant get in touch at any point about selling the domain name back?

What I plan to do is ask the question of WIPO and also contact the current 'owner' to see about the possiblity of a transfer back.

Hi Davey,

It's no problem, we have a .com website now. www.virtualfreestyle.com

In answer to your question, no. Nobody got in touch via the VF email address.

Cheers, Yan

Davey

Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:48 pm

Got a couple of snippets from WIPO - doesn't look too good there either (at least it's an expensive business)

I did notice that the banner text reads virtual-freetyle.net - that variant of the domain is available (as is the .com one) - Happy to look at registering as a hold-all?
Davey
::
Nope, I hadn't fallen off the map. Although one would be excused for thinking so...