Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, bryan beasley, Keithgrif

Should STACK have a dedicated "Trick flying" organiser?

YES
11 (100%)
NO
No votes

Total votes: 11

Andy S
King of FA

Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:24 pm

Sounds like it's more than caffiene you've been on Davey.

You sure there's not a little Jamesons in there too?

SteveR
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:59 pm

Since when did jamesons ever produce class a substances

aphelps
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:28 pm

Out of interest Andy, what does it take to become a STACK commitee member?

If you think you would want to do this job, what would it involve? Well in addition to monitoring FA and similar forums, you would need to be willing to organise events on a National basis. This means making contact with local flyers/groups and also festival organisers and working with them to incorporate trick demos and competitions into their agendas.

There is perhaps also the matter of formalising rules etc. Although I really would recommend against anything but the loosest regulation of trick competition. It goes against the grain.

Perhaps it is also worth noting that this kind of job sometimes involves standing on the sidelines whilst the other bods do the flying (but hopefully not too often).
8)
Andy

Chris Goff

Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:00 pm

didnt robin do it quite a while ago, i remember him organising a couple b4

Keithgrif
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:41 pm

All,

From my point of view it is clear that STACK is attempting to take the trick side of things much more seriously than it has in the past and I for one see the addition of someone dedicated to this aspect of flying as a great boost. After all a trick competition can be much easier to set up and stage than a full blown "sanctioned event" (for want of a better phrase - you know what I mean), I did so at Margam with very little idea of what was going on. However, in order to reach a larger audience than currently it would be great to find someone to co-ordinate a series of trick events outside of the normal STACK attended festivals, and I'm sure that Andrew hasn't got the time to liase with another dozen festival organisers, and then attend the events etc (much as he would like, his wife might have other thoughts on the matter :-D ).

So I would vote to go this way, not to distance trick flying from the STACK precision stuff but to give it it's rightful, equal, place in the sport kite consciousness.

Keith
(someone who cannot do more than a passable axel, and is therefore in awe of those that can)

Martin
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:19 am

Keithgrif wrote:
All,
However, in order to reach a larger audience than currently it would be great to find someone to co-ordinate a series of trick events outside of the normal STACK attended festivals,

Keith
(someone who cannot do more than a passable axel, and is therefore in awe of those that can)

I do believe that Andy did say this in his first post.

www.fracturedaxel.co.uk