Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, bryan beasley, Keithgrif

Zippy8

Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:51 am

ObijuanKenobe wrote:

My only explanation is that the world is moving at a far, far slower pace for him than for the rest of us.

That. Was. Mental.

Mike.

ObijuanKenobe
Topic Author

Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:24 pm

Right?! Those yoyo multi's were both two handed. The cynique did reverse three times, and the crazy sequence at the end was full of one pop multi's, fractured cometes, and who knows what. Although not for the uninitiated, it was a stellar display of extreme freestyle. It can only be a lower artistry score that kept Christiaan on top.

By the way...that wasn't any kite I have seen him fly before. Anyone?

obi
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci

kareloh

Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:54 pm

That was the XTz. The green one.
It was pretty amazing indeed, and we were stoked to see it from really close. However, TP isn't a true freestyle format. It's very hard for the judges to follow the tricks while scoring on their papers if tricks are linkied like that. It's a "readability" thing.

He was going all out on sunday (when the vid was shot), on saturday it was more ballet-like. But that's great when there's a final round on the next day, you can take a risk and do something else. I sure did, with a different kite, different music and the harder tricklist. Keeps it fun. Flying exactly the same on 2 days is boring in my eyes.

I thought i saw an inverse cascade there as well, tried it on the beach this morning... hella difficult.

Sub

Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:02 pm

Thanks for the links Obi.

Christiaan's routine looked as if it was totally designed for the judges. a trick, give them time to mark it, another trick, some squares and diamonds, another trick and so on.

There was a lot of running around, was it really that windy??

Sonnenwind

Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:03 pm

First of all it was really, really great to meet some people from FA / UK:
Thanks for a great weekend!

Mat flew his (bridle-modified) green XT.Z he already had in Berck `07.

I don't want to convince anybody for Tricksparty - just to clarify:
It takes seconds to score a ballet-list-trick: the judge just needs to tick off the specific score (four possible scores) and remember the next trick on the list.
A choreographed ballet definitely scores higher in style. For example Mayet received very low due to non existent clarity (?IIRC) within Style. Also you are allowed and should add additional tricks which are not on your ballet list.

Yes, yes, yes, STACK is a great format, too. IMHO both should exist co-existent. Much the same anyway...
Compulsory Tricks vs. c. figures.
Trick orientated ballet with choreo vs. choreographed ballet with tricks.

I could write more, but that is just my personal opinion - and as I stated above, I don't want to convince anybody!.

Malte
There is style in Freestyle