http://www.netspaces.com/kitefly/articl ... am2004.pdf

The trick competition scores are as follows:

Master:
http://www.netspaces.com/kitefly/articl ... Round1.doc
http://www.netspaces.com/kitefly/articl ... Round1.pdf

Fun:
http://www.netspaces.com/kitefly/articl ... Round1.doc
http://www.netspaces.com/kitefly/articl ... Round1.pdf

In both cases the trick competition sheets include competitor won/lost stats, which gives an interesting alternative insight into the performance of each flyer.

These results will be published shortly on the STACK website.

Please let me know if there are any queries.
:D
Andy

Andy S
King of FA

Thu May 20, 2004 8:25 am

For a second there I thought Chris had got 100% in a Trickster :shock:

Then I realised what I was looking at and calmed down ;)

jimothy

Thu May 20, 2004 9:02 am

I wish there were more events, or that is was best two results, etc. To make it easier to get a foot in - There's no way I can make it to three of the six event named events....
Amazing
Box of Tricks $
Double Zero
Frenezy
Impact; Vented, Std, UL $
Maestrale $
Nirvana; Std, UL (reframe)
Ronin
Sweety $
XnTric $

$ for sale

RoyReed

Thu May 20, 2004 9:27 am

AFAIK the final Trickout positions will be based on your top two (or is it three) scores. At least that's how it was done last year. Pretty much the same as the winter leagues. I'm sure AP will clarify.
Must fly
Roy
REEDDESIGN Web Design

jimothy

Thu May 20, 2004 10:40 am

It says three scores on the link above, Roy - That's the reason for my post, but maybe didn't make myself clear:

Basically, there's only six rounds, ALL of which are three or more hour's drive for me, yet to be competitive, I'm expected to get to three of them. I feel that the competition rounds need to be more evenly distributed if STACK is going to continue to claim to be a National organisation.
Amazing
Box of Tricks $
Double Zero
Frenezy
Maestrale $
Ronin
Sweety $
XnTric $

$ for sale

aphelps
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Mon May 24, 2004 7:59 pm

Yes, I am afraid that it is the best of THREE rounds. I am still deciding about whether to ask for a competition at Bristol.

If you can put together a couple of recognised judges for a trick out at Margam, I will be pleased to give it national status, but the judges do have to be "names". Why not Geoff Strangeway and Keith Griffiths?

At least four competitors will be required also. Can you muster this?
Andy

SpOoC
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon May 24, 2004 8:08 pm

How about an official round of trick out at the next FA fly in? At least there would be enough competitors, potentially!

(Just trying to get some music on the field :D)
Refusing to use the spellchick!

Davey

Mon May 24, 2004 8:48 pm

/me waves from across the Irish Sea...

[-o<
Davey
::
Nope, I hadn't fallen off the map. Although one would be excused for thinking so...

jimothy

Mon May 24, 2004 10:13 pm

aphelps wrote:
If you can put together a couple of recognised judges for a trick out at Margam, I will be pleased to give it national status, but the judges do have to be "names". Why not Geoff Strangeway and Keith Griffiths?

LOL - I got to admit, I find this quite funny. Are you saying that if we were to organise a trickout at an event with the likes of Craig, Andy and Martin present, their judgement wouldn't be considered good enough 'cos they're not "names"? After all, you've said peviously that trickout can be judged by the competitors who aren't involved in that round....

On the other hand, I have a huge respect for Keith as a flier and a friend, but I know he'd be the first person to admit that he's no trickster....
Amazing
Box of Tricks $
Double Zero
Frenezy
Maestrale $
Ronin
Sweety $
XnTric $

$ for sale

Davey

Mon May 24, 2004 10:46 pm

AndyP,

By a 'named' judge what would you consider to rate a flyer as being 'named' - Just getting it clear in my head.
Davey
::
Nope, I hadn't fallen off the map. Although one would be excused for thinking so...

Peter

Tue May 25, 2004 12:47 pm

I'm sure Andy will quote verbatum, but it's an STACK European alignment thing!! some form a recognised judges to do the event to be sanctioned!

I cant answer it all, but if we (the royal we that is) can identify a couple of bodies to be judges and STACK would/could look at accepting them then it's a go. need some training to see it's an agreed format, but I think it could be done.

I'm no trick flyer, but as I'm shadow judging this year and have to learn all disapplines, perhaps that might help??? I'll hopefully be in at the comps. at Wallop. something for Andy and I to discuss later perhaps.

It might mean the F,A, summer meet will have to be Swindon :-D :-D :-D

P.

RoyReed

Tue May 25, 2004 2:22 pm

The Trickout isn't a sanctioned event, so it shouldn't need official judges (there weren't any at Rougham). I'm guessing that AP wants to have some people who have judged Trickout before. Maybe at least two people who fly at Masters level and are STACK memebers?
Must fly
Roy
REEDDESIGN Web Design

jimothy

Tue May 25, 2004 3:34 pm

Fair enough, use experienced fliers, who have taken part in the competition, that's just common sense. I think we should push for a STACK-approved Trickout at the FA summer fly-in at least, plus any other event where the necesary number of experienced people are present. If Mr Phelps is anxious about us judging unfairly, then maybe he could spend some time with us, showing us what he wants. There's no danger of not enough people taking part - at swindon there were at least eight of us I know would have been up for it, and plenty more who might have had a go...
Amazing
Box of Tricks $
Double Zero
Frenezy
Maestrale $
Ronin
Sweety $
XnTric $

$ for sale

aphelps
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Thu May 27, 2004 10:17 pm

OOPS. Not so heavy guys. Remember that the Trick-Out is meant to be about fun!! :D

By "names", I mean people that are known to be reasonable trick flyers. Most of the FA flyers that I have met or corresponded with would fall into this category.

I have to balance how the trick out works to some extent. To be honest I see absolutely no reason why you should not just run a competition. However that is not how it is structured this year. Now that we are on the subject, I agree that some form of regional/national structure would probably be better, and would encourage participation.

Perhaps the number of entrants is the important thing here. Some of the STACK trick-outs last year were run with 4 competitors only (sob!!), so that seems to be the reasonable minimum.

If you want to run a trick-out at Margam and submit the results to STACK, then please go ahead. Please confirm that you are going to do this, and I will announce it formally, and it will go into SKN early next month. Hopefully this will increase the entry for you.

I hope that this is the sort of thing that you want to hear. Apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this thread. I have been away for a couple of days.
Andy

Eddie Green

Thu May 27, 2004 10:26 pm

someone want to fly for me at rougham. cheers.