Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, bryan beasley, Keithgrif

aphelps
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Judges workshop

Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:04 am

Final call for the UK judges workshop in Bicester on Saturday. This intended to be a "bonding" exercise for all of the STACK judging staff, including training workshops for any new event staff prior to the first STACK round at Rougham.

There is currently no standard for judging tricks in the UK, and trick/freestyle does not figure at this workshop.

If anybody (else) is interested in attending, please let me know.
:D
Andy

mobius
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:01 pm

Hi Andy

I'm looking to attend tomorrow (hopefully there will still be some floor space in the conference centre!). I know car parking is an issue so will try to get a lift with Andy Taylor.
Dave Morley

aphelps
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Sat May 01, 2004 9:39 pm

The judges workshop held today was very successful, with all of the currently available experienced judges attending, and newcomers Pete Dawson and Maryanne Parker. There was a wide ranging agenda, including reviews of issues arising over the winter period, general discussion of judging practice and also workshops reviewing various classic kite routines on video.

Perhaps most encouraging is that the judging staff is expanding, albeit with new judges who will be initially shadowing those with more experience. In 2003 there were 5 active judges in the UK. For 2004 this figure has increased to 11. Starting at Rougham, all UK judges will be formally accredited for the various disciplines, and I very much hope that this and other initiatives will help re-inforce judging as an invaluable part of the STACK UK portfolio.

On behalf of all of the UK judges, I would like to extend our thanks to Doug Irvine for his hospitality, the use of his wonderful facilities in Bicester, and especially the opportunity to project video routines from the likes of Airkraft, Skydance, Evolver and Overdrive at a size of 6ft against his wall!!!

Regards
Andrew
Andy