Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, bryan beasley, Keithgrif

Neil E
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

What will happen when AP goes?

Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:23 pm

If I remember rightly, the great and wonderful Mr Phelps steps down from his STACK platform at the end of this summer - I wonder what will happen to the comps and teaching days that we've all enjoyed once he retires :(

Keithgrif
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:40 pm

You will have to persuade the new ND that they were a good idea, or you will have to volunteer to be ND yourself :shock:

Gary Matthews
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:44 pm

It will be sad day indeed.....could this be the demise of STACK (in this country anyhow) as we know it............I fear the worst, unless "WE" get of our Arses and do something about it ourselves.

Keithgrif
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:59 pm

I don't see what the concern is all about, STACK had other ND's BEFORE AP, and will have others AFTER AP. Life goes on, so will STACK. As for 'WE' getting of our arses, of course, that's how any organisation works...

aphelps
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:48 pm

STACK had other ND's BEFORE AP,

Indeed. And Keith is quite right to point this out. And he is right to comment that there will be other NDs as well. Kathy Jarvis is quoted as saying that the ND makes of STACK what he/she wants to. And I agree with that.

Please do not lose sight of the fact that STACK's formal remit is actually quite narrow, and really only embaces the running of the STACK UK championship (otherwise referred to as the National Championship but lets not go there).

Trick Competitions, Better Flying Days and Sport Kite News is where I choose to take STACK UK. The next ND may do things very differently and that is their decision to make.

All of this is actually closer to us than the end of the summer. The latest edition of STACK UK Bulletin will go out later this week, inviting nominations for STACK council elections in August/September. The deadline for nominations is the end of June.
8)
Andy

Gary Matthews
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:55 pm

I am surprised though that no one else really has contributed to this thread............ I know Ms Jarvis took the reigns before AP....but you can't actually say that people are queing to put their names forward, organisation or not.....can you Keith!!!!

David Ellison
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:02 pm

It might be a good idea for the STACK folk to get together at Rougham and discuss all this

Keithgrif
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:21 pm

Gary Matthews wrote:
I am surprised though that no one else really has contributed to this thread............ I know Ms Jarvis took the reigns before AP....but you can't actually say that people are queing to put their names forward, organisation or not.....can you Keith!!!!

No-one has been asked to declare an interest publically yet, I'm sure names will be forthcoming when the time is right ;)

shamu
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:46 pm

and before kathy twas mark and before mark it was avril... do't think i;ve missed anyone?!

<<showing>>
::
Robin Smith
Sponsored by Carl Robertshaw: www.kitestudio.com
Fractured Axel Shop :
Shanti Lines (Nice one guys!)

Gary Matthews
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:22 pm

Yes Keith, you may have a point................so i suppose it will be the waiting game!!!!!....................Still a tall order to fill AP's shoes though!!! :cry:

aphelps
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:55 pm

It might be a good idea for the STACK folk to get together at Rougham and discuss all this

Not a bad idea at all. Just in case anybody isn't aware, neither Andy Taylor or I will be at Rougham. The event is being headed up for STACK UK by Graham Webb.
8)
Andy