Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, bryan beasley, Keithgrif

Miles F
Topic Author

How do you get started in competition?

Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:13 am

Is there an established freestyle competition circuit in this country and does it have an established format? If so how do you get started in it, my flying standard is about intermediate to good "old school" but I am keen to progress and learnsome "new school" trickery.

Popeye

Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:31 am

Hi Miles
Your certainly in the right place, have a look out for any “Trick Thang” competitions that appear on this forum occasionally, great place to start and good fun.:D

Gary Matthews
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:34 am

Miles, where do you come from?

Miles F
Topic Author

Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:33 am

I live in W Oxfordshire but owing to the young family, small village without broadband (until very recently) circumstance, I might as well have lived on Mars as far as the kite scene goes. Looking to get and do some flying in the near furture though and thought competition would be a good vehicle. When i was last flying regularly in 02 the Trick/Freestyle comps scene was still at an early stage.
A NOHD will be published for the DS in due course, till then wear sunnies.

Gary Matthews
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:35 pm

A few of us fly at Dunstable Downs most days/nights :cool: /weekends, it's not a million miles, though i suspect mars is about that.
So if you fancy coming over......you'd be more than welcome.
Plenty of good flyers to learn from.
The downs is also family friendly :D as well, cafe and stunning views and loads of greenery!!!!!