Site Admin and Supporter

Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:36 pm

Pete, any chance you could knock me up a couple of these handles :wink:

Fiction
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:08 pm

--> detour -->

I'm making some handles...experimental long ones. Was worried there for a bit, I went to the trouble of bending them when maybe I needn't have.
Rob
6Fivers aria del sud

Zippy8
Topic Author

Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:38 pm

Full props and 'spect to Revolution, their handles are very good for flying all manner of quadline kites. Whether or not it's because of something innovative and patentable isn't the issue, they work well.

My Flame came with truly naff looking StraightLengthOfAluminumTube "handles" and, even though they work, I replaced them with Rev's own carbon ones (no knock-offs for me, no sir) and it's just a better way to stop the kite from flying away.

Mike.

Andy S
King of FA

Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:52 pm

There's one born every minute ;)

brawsky

Re: A little background

Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:49 am

Ok Thank you ^^"
The gclub provide a deposit of silver jewelry, including the amount you want to leave behind after each other. gclub.

Brackie

Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:40 pm

How said!
In The Bag:
A lot of Rev's.
KRD Fury Aero Cust + Blue Zen Cust SUL. Benson DS.
Power kites, gliders, single line.
And an Octopus!

Old Greebo

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:22 pm

Scenario 1: I cut out a square inch from the sail of my genuine Rev 1.5 SLE, possibly (but not necessarily) because it was damaged. Then I sew in a piece of Icarex to replace it.
Scenario 2: I cut off nearly half of the sail, possibly (but not necessarily) because it was damaged. Then I add a few pieces of Icarex to replace the missing half.
Scenario 3: I sew an entire new sail, but I incorporate a square inch cut from the original sail (rather like a Stalag Luft III escapee incorporating a button from his uniform in the fake civvies he wears for escaping).
Scenario 4: I set aside the original sail entirely, and I sew an entirely new one that I think is prettier. But I use the original Rev spars and fittings.
Scenario 5: As scenario 3, but I patch the original sail and I buy a new set of spars and fittings for it - and lo, I now have two working Revs!

Which of the above (if any) would amount to an infringement of the Rev patent? And bearing in mind that I had actually made a genuine purchase of a genuine Rev (plus extras in the case of Scenario 5), would any court anywhere in the world be likely to find me guilty of an infringement of the Rev patent? None of the scenarios involves even the slightest financial loss for Messrs. Hadzicki. Oh well, maybe Scenario 5, but only if I try to sell one of the two resulting Revs!
(and yes, I accept there could be doubt over whether either of them ought actually to be called a Rev!)

I find I'm feeling towards the Hadzickis much the same sort of feelings I have towards Mr Gates. I wish I didn't have to use Windows, but Unix and all the other available alternatives are - well, they're useless really. But only because the Gates marketing is more aggressive. I try to make a point by using Firefox instead of IE. It's rather like peeing into the wind though ...
Brian. (Past it, but reaching back!)
Silver Fox 2.5; HQ Shadow SUL; Rev 1.5 SLE; Spiderkites URO; Etc...

Vee
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:10 am

My feelings towards Microsoft are such that It only ever visits us in the form of other people's laptops and phones.

Aside: y'know, I have never owned a microsoft using computer and given I have a degree in the damn things (since the 80's), that's quite impressive I think

ETA, sorry for off topic post. :oops:
Love Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Needs to fly more, now that I can.

mobius
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:50 am

Old Greebo wrote:
I wish I didn't have to use Windows, but Unix and all the other available alternatives are - well, they're useless really.

:shock:

hmmm.. I don't see Mac users complaining.
Dave Morley

Lex B

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:43 pm

Old Greebo wrote:
useless really. .

No No !
Thanks for two hours REALY GOOD READING
This is what forums like this one are all about =D>

Y'all gave me a lot to think about
remember: amateurs built the ark ..
professionals built the Titanic.