Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, SpOoC

Tregolwyn
Topic Author

Rubber washers for Rev 1.5 SLE

Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:15 pm

Does anyone know whether it is possible to get the rubber washers for the end stoppers for the 1.5 SLE (I have tried a couple of DIY stores).

I am finding that over time they lose their elasticity and start to slide along the leading edge leaving the bridle line exposed to abrasion from the end of the spar.

Haven't tried kite shops yet, just wondered if they were a standard washer type and B&Q or someone sells them.

Thanks

Stone in Shoe Bob
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:01 pm

I used tap washers very carefully drilled out the whole in the middle to fit. Another option, the Crazy Drivers use, take a trip to an aquatics store and buy a short length of pvc hose with the right inside diameter a thin slice of that works a treat.
Stone in Shoe Bob
Friend and supporter of Kiteworld
Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are.

Tregolwyn
Topic Author

Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:22 pm

Thanks Bob. I had thought about the drilling option but I would never have thought about the aquatics store idea.

Paul

Jason
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:25 pm

Is this the bits that the bungee is tied to? You can get it from Halfords. It's Goodyear fuel pipe, you can buy a 6" piece and then cut off little bits as required.
Jason.

Tregolwyn
Topic Author

Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:32 pm

Jason wrote:
Is this the bits that the bungee is tied to?

Yes the washer that sits around the end cap between the bungee/bridle and the spar. It is meant to act like a cushion but when stretched and old ends up travelling up the leading edge leaving the bridle exposed to abrasion.

Also found this as a solution to a related issue. Not sure I have followed what is being suggested, might have to read it a few times.

To save time I might call in Halfords on the way home.:D

Paul

Play365
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:39 pm

It's only a prob when you use an SLE leading edge :D

Jason
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:57 pm

Oh, I know what bit you're on about now. The ring of plastic that goes round the outside of the LE nocks so you can use a STD knock as an internal nock with an SLE LE. It's just PVC piping. (also available from Halfords) The fuel pipe is used to make the rings that stop the bungee being pulled throught the sail.
Jason.

Stone in Shoe Bob
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:12 pm

Jason wrote:
The fuel pipe is used to make the rings that stop the bungee being pulled throught the sail.

They are Bog Std tap washers.
Stone in Shoe Bob

Friend and supporter of Kiteworld

Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are.

Tregolwyn
Topic Author

Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:06 pm

Looks like we were referring to different things Jason but I got some 8mm Goodyear fuel pipe from Halfords and it works a treat. Quite a tight fit but that's what I wanted.

Had to buy a metre though so if anyone wants a few slices I have some to spare.

Paul