Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, SpOoC

skywalker
Topic Author

Things to do with a brand new Rev and no wind!

Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:09 am

Any suggestions :D

I finally got my 1.5SLE the other day watched the DVD a couple of times, practiced my hand moves, took it to the field and.....no wind :-(

We did manage to launch it (yay) and land (crash) a few times, but as soon as it got airborne the wind seemed to disappear and the kite just started to sink and was very unresponsive.
It also seemed to have a tendency to fly to the right. We have checked the lines and found them to be different lengths (one top line 12mm longer and both bottom lines 30mm longer).

We shall now try to correct the lines. Does this sound like the reason for the kite pulling to the right ?

thanks

Mark E Mark

Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:21 am

The line length issue sounds like it is causing the problem you describe.

You need a SUL mate.

Tregolwyn

Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:24 am

Sort the line lengths out first but the first few times out with a Rev you really need smooth and not too strong or light wind. Why make things more difficult than they already are?

Paul

sailor99

Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:27 am

If it's any consolation Skywalker, I am in exactly the same position. New B arrived day before yesterday on a day with a nice breeze - but I'm at work. Then yesterday and today, not a breath.

Fungus
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:32 am

Definately :shock: - get all 4 lines equal and then you stand a chance when the wind does blow, you've started with a standard weight kite and it will need 5mph +, so use non flying time to check lines etc,then practice simple moves take off - up to top of wind window and down again to land etc then same across the wind window until you learn the controls.
Soon you will be hooked and then you realise that you need a lighter and a vented version of the REV.

fungus :-)