Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, SpOoC

 
User avatar
Play365
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:51 pm
Location: Leighton Buzzard England

Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:07 pm

woody65 wrote:
John wrote:

Meanwhile for other UK quad teams...


What other UK quad teams??


Bring em on :D :D :D :D
 
User avatar
Neil E
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Posts: 759
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:13 am
Location: Manchester - Sunshine and rain in good measure
Contact:

Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:23 pm

:D 'The Revalations'

Still fairly new, but better looking :cool:
KITE Rx
 
User avatar
Stone in Shoe Bob
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Posts: 692
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:17 pm
Location: Leighton Buzzard

Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:41 pm

Neil E wrote:
:D 'The Revalations'

Sounds like a Motown act from the 60's :-)

:dude: :dude: :dude: :dude: :dude:
Stone in Shoe Bob
Friend and supporter of Kiteworld
Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are.
 
User avatar
iAnW
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:18 pm
Location: Sutton Coldfield

Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:31 pm

When I started I was, and still am surrounded by rev fliers.
They already gather in one place Dunstable Downs, every weekend there is at least 4 or 5 of us and at the Festival there is loads.

I don’t understand why you have to have a name for a mass fly, it is usually called a mega team.

Well Woody, you are a very lucky Revolution flier and despite what you think you are the exception to the rule.
As far as the name is concerned, the name was originally for the event which has more to it than just a Mega Team. And if what you say is true you'd better tell John Barresi, David Hathaway and co because they call thier massive team quad gatherings iQuad! http://www.iquad.us/join.htm. We were only putting this event on originally for MKF members anyhow but my post found its way here without my knowledge and now it has become more widely known. If you don't want to attend then that’s up to you, but don't spoil the fun for everyone else by pooh-poohing it. :roll:

Jan, I come up your way regularly and fly in Graves Park while we are in Sheffield, not sure if we've met but I have seen you on the MKF forum, I hope to see you at Hatton then. :D
Last edited by iAnW on Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Skies......Clean Wind. :)

Ian Wilson
Midlands Kite Fliers
Heart of England Kite Fliers
WiiQUAD
Wii for the group rather than i for the individual
 
User avatar
kitejan
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:52 pm
Location: Sheffield, UK
Contact:

Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:41 pm

Graves Park is my closest park for kite flying - so I often fly there. However I have noticed that 'dog troubles' are getting worse there. Maybe because I'm going early morning or something, but Saturday I had 3 dogs trying to vent my kites for me :-( (thankfully none of them did - just loads of me running towards the kite, shouting) - kind of spoiled the session.

I will check the diary to see if I can make Hatton........

Jan
 
Kitelife
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:25 pm
Location: Portland, OR USA
Contact:

Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:53 pm

iAnW wrote:
Exactly........That is the whole point of WiiQUAD, to promote Rev flying in numbers or teams rather than on your own all the time. I don't know about you but when I first started flying Revs I didn't see another for almost twelve months. There are loads out there, but we need a catalyst to encourage them to gather in one place. Perhaps you will meet other like minded individuals who live near you who fancy flying in a team but who have never had the opportunity before.

Aye, this is the same goal iQuad had in mind when we formed... Revs are uber-cool, and worth sharing.

Matter of fact, most of my team doesn't even live in the same area and we practice when we meet up at events... 3 are from Canada, 3 from Washington state and 2 are from Oregon.

So I guess you really could call us an international team. ;)
John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
 
User avatar
Play365
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:51 pm
Location: Leighton Buzzard England

Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:04 pm

iAnW wrote:
When I started I was, and still am surrounded by rev fliers.
They already gather in one place Dunstable Downs, every weekend there is at least 4 or 5 of us and at the Festival there is loads.

I don’t understand why you have to have a name for a mass fly, it is usually called a mega team.

Well Woody, you are a very lucky Revolution flier and despite what you think you are the exception to the rule.
As far as the name is concerned, the name was originally for the event which has more to it than just a Mega Team. And if what you say is true you'd better tell John Barresi, David Hathaway and co because they call thier massive team quad gatherings iQuad! http://www.iquad.us/join.htm. We were only putting this event on originally for MKF members anyhow but my post found its way here without my knowledge and now it has become more widely known. If you don't want to attend then that’s up to you, but don't spoil the fun for everyone else by pooh-poohing it. :roll:


Wooo back the bus up buddy we were INVITED !!!!! I doubt very much we will bother now :( :(
 
David Ellison
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Posts: 317
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:04 am
Location: Totnes, Devon

Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:12 pm

Indeed. I'd appreciate some clarification here. It's a loooong way to go for a day's kiteflying. How "all are welcome" is this event really going to be?

Please can you let us know whether this is an MKF thing or not. Not a problem if you want to withdraw the invite - I'd rather not be there if it's going to be a problem for some.

whatever
 
User avatar
Gary Matthews
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Posts: 1465
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:15 pm
Location: Dunstable

Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:25 pm

The Midland Kite Fliers Megateam.....how's that!!! :lol: :P
 
User avatar
iAnW
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:18 pm
Location: Sutton Coldfield

Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:26 pm

I honestly can't see what’s the matter with what we are doing, why all the criticism?
At least give us some credit for the time we have spent trying to organise something.…I just don't understand you Gary(Play365) FA isn't even where it was originally posted. :(
Last edited by iAnW on Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Skies......Clean Wind. :)



Ian Wilson

Midlands Kite Fliers

Heart of England Kite Fliers

WiiQUAD

Wii for the group rather than i for the individual
 
User avatar
iAnW
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:18 pm
Location: Sutton Coldfield

Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:32 pm

This is a MKF event but it is OPEN TO ALL and is free to attend.
If you want to come then you will be made welcome.
But I feel that some of the criticism we are getting is a little unfair.

This is my last post on this subject as it's becoming a little tiresome.
Blue Skies......Clean Wind. :)



Ian Wilson

Midlands Kite Fliers

Heart of England Kite Fliers

WiiQUAD

Wii for the group rather than i for the individual
 
User avatar
John
Topic Author
Posts: 449
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:19 pm
Location: Sutton Coldfield

Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:04 pm

David Ellison wrote:
How "all are welcome" is this event really going to be?

David,
Bryan and I are the least friendly of the bunch. You are always welcome up here, be it on 11th Feb or 18th March or any other time!
:D
John
 
User avatar
bryan beasley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Posts: 2481
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:39 pm
Location: Hinckley

Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:46 pm

:roll:

FFS...
Ho, and indeed Hum.

Ian, PM sent.

David, you're skills and presence are both more than welcome for the league cup and for demo's at Hatton as previously stated elsewhere. Doubly appreciated for the distance you are prepared to travel. I will understand if you choose not to travel, and I'll look forward to seeing you later in the year.

Gary, same sentiment for yourself and the other dude. ;-) There also happens to be rev. mega-team taking place at some point during the day. Please don't feel obliged to take part in it if you don;t want to. ;-)

Bryan
 
User avatar
woody65
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:17 pm
Location: MK

Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:28 pm

iAnW wrote:
Well Woody, you are a very lucky Revolution flier and despite what you think you are the exception to the rule.
As far as the name is concerned, the name was originally for the event which has more to it than just a Mega Team. And if what you say is true you'd better tell John Barresi, David Hathaway and co because they call thier massive team quad gatherings iQuad! http://www.iquad.us/join.htm. We were only putting this event on originally for MKF members anyhow but my post found its way here without my knowledge and now it has become more widely known. If you don't want to attend then that’s up to you, but don't spoil the fun for everyone else by pooh-poohing it. :roll:


I`m not the exception to the rule, if you want to fly with other fliers you should try going to them or a stack competition.

Just because Baressi etc call there gatherings iQuad doesn`t mean you have to copy everything they do.

iQuad was inspired by the flying squad in the first place.

I`m definitely not trying to spoil the fun for anyone just saying that you will put some people off by having a name for a mass fly, we wouldn`t fly under that name and I doubt other teams would either.

Anyway it doesn`t matter because we`ll leave you MKF lot to yourselves
 
User avatar
woody65
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:17 pm
Location: MK

Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:43 pm

iAnW wrote:
I just don't understand you Gary(Play365) FA isn't even where it was originally posted. :(


bryan beasley wrote:
We're putting a bit of a show on for the public, but essentially have the field to do with as we please, so...

Final Better Flying day of the winter with coaching available is wanted.
Final MKF winter league with overall prizes for the season.
TP with ballets and TO to finish.
Indi, Pair, Team and Quad demonstrations.

We have 3 arenas (SLK, Demo, Free Fly) and PA, hospitality tent (don't get too excited though) and probably Dave Salmon trading.

Ideal opportunity to dust off the winter cobwebs and come along to do some with music arena demos, so any pairs and teams want to come along and use the facilities, I'll make sure you get plenty of arena time.

Please post here if you intend to come along, really, you'll be more than welcome. (Airheads? Revolution? Ex grads? Bunnies even? Leading Edge? etc.)

Easy to get to, just off the M40 near Warwick ;-)

Competition details to follow.

Bryan