Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, SpOoC

nic

Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:06 am

A comete with a Rev??? :shock:
In the bag:

Growing older is inevitable, growing up is a matter of choice, and I choose not to!

Revolution 1
Revolution 1.5 SLE
Rev B Series
peter hall 8ft
stack of 2 x peter hall 5 ft
tracer (yes I am that old!)
Gemini

Jest_of_EVE
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Location: The exact opposite side of the planet to New Zealand - Bummer!

Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:28 am

Gary start learning it in the other direction as well...NOW! Before it's toooo laaaaaaate! :(

Mark

Gary Matthews
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:29 pm

Comete with a Rev.......i have seen JR (no not Dallas)..do something kinda Cometeish with a Rev, the circle within a circle, start doing the "clock" and fly it around a larger circle, difficult to explain but about as near to a Rev comete as you could probably get.

Mark...i'd like to get it going to one way first :lol:

Browser
Topic Author

Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:23 am

As stated elsewhere, took it out again for my second fly with it. Ruddy typical, had the local army cadets armholing about on the adventure playground at the edge of the field so I had an audience every time my brain managed to forget to dive stop it as it headed groundwards :oops:
Had to put two more 'knots' of brake on as the wind was a tad strong. Managed to keep the thing under control for about 60 consecutive seconds :lol: I don't know whether it's just because I'm still doin' it wrong but it requires bigger, more forceful control inputs than I thought it would i.e. much more movement on the handles when putting the brakes onthan I thought I'd need. I did manage to do a very nice climb to stall height and gently reverse to landing a couple of times but I (seriously :-P ) think my biggest problem thus far has been a lack of consistent wind to practice in. Ah well, I'm off to Dorset on me hols Monday so I'll hopefully find a decent field there with a nice, consistent sea breeze...............
The I'll find out I still can't fly the chuffin' thing :D
Jeez, this wind's a bit gusteeeeeeeeeee!