Moderators: Craig, Davey, SpOoC

SpOoC
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Flying lines

Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:41 am

What lines do people use?

I only have one set of quad lines at the moment, 100'/50lb. No idea what make they are as I got them in the US when I got the Rev.

I only vaguely know (again :)) the differences between lines, for example that dyneema doesn't stretch which is presumably a good thing for keeping the lines the same length (rather crutial with a Rev :P )

Anyway, any thoughts, comments etc please?

Oh, I need some more lines for my conversion. I am assuming I need around 90lb lines. What about length? Longer, shorter???? Help please :)
Refusing to use the spellchick!

aphelps
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:13 pm

For flying on your own 75ft is quite adequate, and easier to make since it is two 150ft lengths cut down. Competition flyers tend to use 100ft, or 120ft lines, which increases substantially the size of the available window.

Most Rev flyers fly on 80lb line in most conditions, stepping up to 150lb in strong (over 25mph) winds, and down to 50lb in sub 5mph.

The best option is to contact a shop, and find a weight of line that they have in 75ft or 100ft or 120ft. Most team flyers use 120ft, so if you ever wanted to join in a Rev megateam..... :satisfied:
Andy

SpOoC
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:31 pm

...must get more practice...
Refusing to use the spellchick!