Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, SpOoC

SpOoC
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:57 am

It's the dog poo thing...

...I do like dogs but I really don't appreciate the owners who think leaving the mess on a field used by other people is acceptable.
Refusing to use the spellchick!

iAnW

Rev 1.5 SUL

Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:43 pm

Just out of interest what wind speeds can you fly in with the SUL?
Personally I have the EXP which I have added a SLE to but I am able to exchange the LE depending on the wind speed. I have just added the Rev Blast to my little collection but so far it handles like a wild bull compared to the EXP/1.5 SLE, I suppose its just a matter of practice, practice, practice and flight hours....

Ian......
Blue Skies......Clean Wind. :)

Ian Wilson
Midlands Kite Fliers
Heart of England Kite Fliers
WiiQUAD
Wii for the group rather than i for the individual

SpOoC
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Mon May 03, 2004 6:34 pm

Sorry, missed this :(

Really, the SUL starts to feel it's being pushed around at about 6-8 mph (Can't be totally acurate as I don't have a wind meter and am not a natural guesser of wind speed :D)

I have now got an EXP leading edge and UL down spars so I can fly it in higher winds. It will eventually stretch the sail I am sure, but for now I am happy enough. Effectively I now have a 1-15ish wind range though. Anything more and I would definitly have to consider a vented. I borrowed a vented for Luton Stack coaching and even that was pulling like a train in the 25+ mph gusts!

I think the blast is meant to be just that, a blast to fly, but not a precision instrument, however I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong :)
Refusing to use the spellchick!

Gary Matthews
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:13 pm

The blast with practise, can be fairly accurate to some extent, nowhere like an sle or rev 1 ,only accurate in less than 10 mph.we must have flown togeather at some stage at the stack do in Luton, that day was fierce.The roof is now back on the squash court though....