Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, SpOoC

SAW
Topic Author

Fulcrum

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:10 pm

Hi,

How does fly/compare to a rev ? Looking to get a quad and the Fulcrum has caught my eye but I've only had the older rev's B series etc but don't have it anymore.

Thanks.

KaoS
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Re: Fulcrum

Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:27 am

It flies and feels quite different from the Rev. It tracks and reverses well, it doesn't side slide easily.

I'm still getting used to mine...
Kevin Sanders

Willunga
South Australia

KaoS
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:21 am

I had a great session with the Fulcrum yesterday. Wind speed was around 6 mph, on shore - laboratory grade!

Previously, I had flown holding Rev handles in the traditional way; pivoting around the thumbs at the top, fingers controlling the brake lines. This time I gripped towards the middle of the handles and used my wrists to pivot.

Huge difference - much better control in all directions! Almost immediately it went from a "hmmm, did I make a mistake buying this" kite to a "Wow, straight into the A bag" kite.

I plan to fabricate some handles specifically suited to the Fulcrum, and am now saving the pennies for a vented version
Kevin Sanders

Willunga

South Australia

PaoloM

Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:20 am

Love it. I wrote a little early review on GWTW, I had it just since last month or so, no need to post it again here.
Love how it flies, the sound and the feel of it. Haven’t tried the UL frame yet.

https://youtu.be/VkM-T3sVM6A
SuperNova UL, SuperFly UL, Gemini, MiniGem, Illusion, Elixir, Ozone, Alien, Revolution.

Exult

Sat May 04, 2019 10:32 am

I realize that this question(s) could be a bit difficult to answer: How would learning to pilot the Fulcrum fit in to the (my) project of learning the REV-like Hadzicki wings well? Can skills more directly be translated between the two or is it more like it adds to ones general kite background experience in some way? Say if one spends time working on various tip pivots, would they be similar enough in execution so that the skills can be transferred between the two kite types?

How about: clockworks, bicycles, travelling bicycles, axels, 180 deg team turns and sudden start and stops in any direction - Are they also “transferable"? Perhaps I’m doing the Fulcrum a big injustice by viewing it through REV-like glasses when assembling this list? (However, it is not the case that I necessarily exclude anything not REV-like from by bag – e.g. I also appreciate the uniqueness of my Smithi Pro in relation to my other QLKs)

Do you get the same flying-a-sail-feeling or is it more like a dual line trick kite feeling when piloting the Fulcrum? Are catches and throws out of the question?