Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, SpOoC

Jezza
Topic Author

W-Shaped 4 Line Kites (Non Rev)

Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:51 pm

I thought I'd start this thread to put Greebo's ebay post to sleep and we can show our likings, ideas and thoughts about other manufacturers or home built WS4LK's. Anything goes apart from direct counterfeits or copies.

Copy: An imitation or reproduction of an original; a duplicate, a counterfeit.
Counterfeit: is an imitation, usually one that is made with the intent of fraudulently passing it off as genuine.

None of that here, no, so if you're from a former colony and/or think we are endorsing counterfeits/copies please read the above statement again...slowly.

Oh and being fairly new person here I love these forums so if you can support FA even if its buying a Beanie for the winter please do so cus im gunna! Any chance you guys can make one with a W shaped kite on the front? :badgrin:
http://www.fracturedaxel.co.uk/shop/ind ... oductId=78
(that was a bit of a creep but not many places you can post honest opinions of stuff and not have them moderated back to a full stop)
Clearly, I'm part of the problem.

Jezza
Topic Author

Re: W-Shaped 4 Line Kites (Non Rev)

Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:08 pm

Thanks 'kindly' to the facebook posts of a guy named "John Barresi" over the last few days I found a company called 'King of kites' in Singapore who have some funky W shaped quad designs...however some of them look like a kebab sicked up on a pavement.

This I like....

They've been pointed out to be Alba's, the reinforced extra LE stitching and bridle colour certainly looks Albatross-ish but not seen anything this nice out of their online store. Looking at the logo in the top right of the kite it looks to be specially done for KoK's store.

http://kingofkites.sg/?page_id=74
Last edited by Jezza on Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daz larsen

Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:38 pm

Had a look at there site and there selling the kites that started the whole previous thread
And this is ok
Here's the picture I put on the before and got a bucket load of harsh comments
Confused

All the best
Daz

Jezza
Topic Author

Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:19 pm

Yea deffo some propper alba's there. You wont get any harsh comments from me Daz, I really like those custom vents.
I've also seen some of you and the Haven Flyers custom ultra vents from the youtube channel, you should post some on in this thread m8, they're pretty amazing!

daz larsen

Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:00 pm

Jezza
Topic Author

Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:31 pm

Thats awesome Daz! they dont half fly nice stacked!

(I think I understand now why I confused you Daz, im a bit slow today lol. JB actually slagged off this company in his FB page after walking into the King of kites the shop while in Singapore. He went on quite a rant on FB which resulted in the owner of KoK contacting Alba and they put out a statement. The more Revolution and its cronies attack the worse they look in my eyes. I was tempted to post it all but I just kinda want this post to be about anything other than Rev kites rather than about Rev's issues and attitudes towards Rev 'like' kites. I actually found it quite amusing that instead of him putting me off his rant actually made me go look at the KoK and want one of their designs ;) )

daz larsen

Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:40 pm

I had a look at there site and I too like some of their designs.I have emailed them asking what the prices are.If they get back to me I will let you know.The kites in the video fly great as a stack or alone,thanks for the nice comment

All the best
Daz

sailor99

Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:41 pm

That is the dogs gentiles. Of course one wonders about quality, and I'm not sure how it would handle with that asymmetric venting. But then again it's a show kite so maybe handling isn't everything.

Flying Fish

Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:56 pm

But is it venting, or some transparent material like mylar?

Jezza
Topic Author

Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:02 pm

I dont think it is vented sailor99, I think its a semi transparent or white material. I'm going with white because you cant really see the left hand spar very well which is behind the kite. If it's an Albatross quality should be ok, if its one of the many chinese kite chop shop jobs it could be made out of anything lol.

sailor99

Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:20 pm

I think you are right. Should have gone to specsavers!

mobius
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:57 pm

This one looks sweet

:roll:
Dave Morley

sailor99

Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:05 pm

Is that an Albatros knock off? ;)

mnkby

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:06 pm

mobius wrote:
This one looks sweet

:roll:

You'll even be able to get a genuine one directly from King Of Kites soon...

:mrgreen:
David Hathaway, Revolutionary
-~ http://www.iquad.ca

Jezza
Topic Author

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:30 pm

I did read that KoK would "burn all his Alba's" if it is proved beyond doubt that Albatross are duping. I guess it is more simple to just make him an authorised dealer than trying to photoshop Alba's name onto a moody kite :lol:

I guess we're gunna have to get alba to make us a batch of those funky red and black numbers now KoK aint gunna need em anymore :-P