Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

Hawkerhunter
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Happy winter solstice

Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:18 am

Well today is the winter solstice lads. The shortest day of the year. From this day on the days start to get longer. Roll on summer. 8)

ps...By the way, almost forgot to mention that the world is going to end today. :shock: :shock: Yes, some religious groups somewhere have predicted that this is the last day of the world and consequently your last chance for a kite flight. If this should happen then please take this as the only notification that next years Northern monkey fly meet at Filey will be cancelled.
Steve

In the bag
Talon UL, Talon standard(x2), Talon vented, Talon SUL Prism Q Pro, Elixir, Zephyr, E3, E2, Hypnotist, Nexus, 3D, Micron

http://www.facebook.com/northernmonkeyskitegroup.nmkg

misterbleepy
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Re: Happy winter solstice

Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:20 pm

Hawkerhunter wrote:
Roll on summer. 8)

Indeed - http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=e ... Ug7OO1gZk0
Keith B
--
Kite Tricks mind map

bleep bleep bleep

honchoboy

Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:39 pm

Damn it. Looks like we are all still here. I was hoping that the end of the world would be a pretty good reason to not have to go and buy a Christmas present for the wife.
Ian
Northern Monkeys Kite Group

UK STACK Freestyle Champion '18

sftonkin
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:05 am

Hawkerhunter wrote:
Well today is the winter solstice lads. The shortest day of the year.

<insufferably_pedantic>
Er, no, the shortest day of the year is 4th July (23h 59m 49s). The longest is 2 Jan (24h 00m 24s).
</insufferably_pedantic>
:lol:

But anyway, to all on FA:

AxialTilt.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hawkerhunter
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:40 am

from Wikipedia......A day is a unit of time. In common usage, it is an interval equal to 24 hours.[1] It also can mean the consecutive period of time during which the Sun is above the horizon of a location, also known as daytime
Nuff said on that :D

Horay..Were all still here :D Its a "Good to be alive day" The world didnt end. It feels great to wake up and find out You havent been obliterated along with all mankind. I suppose we should spare a thought for those groups who believed it would all end yesterday, after all, what have they got to look forward to now :?:
Steve

In the bag
Talon UL, Talon standard(x2), Talon vented, Talon SUL Prism Q Pro, Elixir, Zephyr, E3, E2, Hypnotist, Nexus, 3D, Micron

http://www.facebook.com/northernmonkeyskitegroup.nmkg

sftonkin
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:15 pm

Hawkerhunter wrote:
from Wikipedia......A day is a unit of time. In common usage, it is an interval equal to 24 hours.[1] It also can mean the consecutive period of time during which the Sun is above the horizon of a location, also known as daytime
Nuff said on that :D
:lol:

Oh well, if you're using that definition, I guess you'd better ask adicakes or Jason if they thought yesterday was the shortest day! :lol: :badgrin: :biggrin:

Horay..Were all still here :D Its a "Good to be alive day" The world didnt end.
It did end -- but the government colluded with the Illuminati and the Archangel Uriel to cover it up.

I suppose we should spare a thought for those groups who believed it would all end yesterday, after all, what have they got to look forward to now :?:
Being serious for a moment, my thoughts turned to the 19,000 kids for whom the world did end yesterday, due to malnutrition (same as every other day of the year): it occurred to me that an enormous amount of effort went into perpetuating the 2012 hoax -- if the same effort and resources went into ending starvation...