Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

cstubbs05
Topic Author

wanted uk revolution

Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:59 pm

hi I am in the UK looking to buy a vented revolution or Freilein X VENT

as I have a rev exp and wanted to be able to have another when the wind is higher
someone recommended a Revolution’s Reflex XX Tarantula that should cover a good range of wind for inland flying
any suggestions would be great as I hear there are quite a few different makes but are very hard to come by in the UK
Thanks for any help

KaoS
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Re: wanted uk revolution

Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:25 am

As you have a Rev EXP already, I suggest the regular vented style over the Reflex Spider series. The spiders (especially the vented) feel and fly quite differently compared with the traditional style Revs.

The Freilein range, and the equivalent range from OKUSA, are an excellent alternative to Revs. The Xvent is a superb flyer in higher winds - it feels and flies just like a standard does in lower winds
Kevin Sanders

Willunga
South Australia

cstubbs05
Topic Author

Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:28 pm

hi thank you for your reply I have been looking at the exidos OKUSA but I can't find any of them for sale in the UK or Freilein range....
there are not even any used ones for sale here either
if I try to get one imported from USA to UK the postage costs are 70 usd to 120usd depending on time plus when I have ordered items from the USA before I got hit with import tax and handling fees here in the UK before they release it to our postal service and I am sure it was something like 30 or 40% on top of the total price it was just an insain amount ontop
I wish there was another way round on buying them in the UK
Thanks for reply as I would def buy a OKUSA kite as a cheaper option as rev over here are 350 UK pounds upwards that's why I have started with the EXP as still expensive around 240 UK pounds
so any help on buying any of the the vented equivalent like the xvent as of it flys like the original rev that would be spot on
Thanks

cstubbs05
Topic Author

Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:30 pm

I have seen the OKUSA models they do a vertigo vented and an exidos vented which one if I can ever find one for sale do you guys recomend
Thanks all

plus if I could get hold of an OKUSA what would you recomend to get the Mid vent , Max vent or the X max vent
lol so many to choose from gets a bit confusing to us new people entering the sport

Exult

Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:25 pm

So cheap vented rev-like 1.5 quads seems to be what you are looking for.

I don’t know the shipping cost + tax, but if you are considering Freilein kites (Windrider) you could try Emmakites (Beijing/Hongkong).

You can get a vented Rev-like quad ("baSic small vents ", "baSic vents ", "baSic big vents ") from Feine-Drachen for 139 EUR and RTF for 209 EUR (Skyshark wrapped spars, sails in nylon or polyester ripstop it seems like). Never seen one myself but on Drachenforum there is a 33 pages long discussion ( baSic / feine-drachen / Erfahrungs Thread) about them.

A Spiderkites Shiva Midvent seems to be a few cm larger than the 1.5 form factor. Same price as the Basic RTF. I have never seen the Shiva but I have liked all Christoph Fokken (the designer of (all?) Spiderkites designed kites) kites that I got (5-6 models with the possible exception being the non-beginner dual line Atrax, but I’m not good at pure speedkites). Don't listen to me - Talk/listen to to someone that has actually piloted a Shiva. :wink: