Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

bionic
Topic Author

wanted: budget dual line

Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:29 pm

Hi guys,

Hope this is okay. I'm potentially interested in getting back into the hobby. I used to own a Benson deep space (my favourite), a rev, a prism E3 and an r sky. My favourite by far to fly was the deep space. The prism wasn't very tricky and was sluggish in the air, the r sky was a bit too sharp on the controls.

Just putting out a generic wanted advert as I would like to buy a decent kite on a fairly tight(ish) budget. I originally paid £100 for the deep space which was a great deal at the time. Does anyone have anything similar or affordable?

It might be best to email me directly as I don't check the board very often. You can email me on rookie4619@gmail.com

Thanks
Tom

jaydub

Re: wanted: budget dual line

Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:28 pm

I have a spare Magnet XL that I am willing to sell on.  It's a great open source trick kite.  I have the standard version and two of the larger XL variants.  Sits deeper on its back than the DS and not as twitchy.  Bigger sail, but one that doesn't build up too much pressure as the wind builds. 

I will email you details.  Looking for £100 + P&P.

Thanks,
Jon

krijn
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:32 pm

Wow, 100 for a Meganet! Just do it Tom!

(Which one are you selling Jon? :))) )

Krijn

bionic
Topic Author

Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:41 pm

jaydub wrote:
I have a spare Magnet XL that I am willing to sell on.  It's a great open source trick kite.  I have the standard version and two of the larger XL variants.  Sits deeper on its back than the DS and not as twitchy.  Bigger sail, but one that doesn't build up too much pressure as the wind builds. 

I will email you details.  Looking for £100 + P&P.

Thanks,
Jon

Wow, thanks! Yes would love to see some pictures. I'll read up on it.
Do you have any info on the kites history? Appreciate any details. How does it compare to something like a nirvana?

bionic
Topic Author

Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:41 pm

krijn wrote:

Krijn

By your reply it sounds like a good deal?

jaydub

Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:05 pm

krijn wrote:

Krijn

Hi Krijn,

The one made by Kevin Sanders.  Removes the temptation to try swapping frames to see what yours would be like with 5PT leading edges.  Essentially selling it for what I bought it for, so happy to pass it onto someone who would get more use out of it than me.

Jon

jaydub

Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:59 pm

bionic wrote:
Wow, thanks! Yes would love to see some pictures. I'll read up on it.
Do you have any info on the kites history? Appreciate any details. How does it compare to something like a nirvana?

Just responded to your email.  Not flown a Nirvana for years so can't make a direct comparison.  Similar size, but I would say the Magnet 112% is a bit sharper in tricks than the 'vana.

In terms of the kite history, it was originally made by Kevin Sanders of Kaos kites in Australia for his own use, sold to a UK flier and then onto me.  For whatever reason it needed a bit more tail weight on it and it now flies very similarly to the one that Krijn made for me.  It is a really nice kite (even if I do say so myself).

I will take some more photos, but I'm tied up most of this weekend so it may be early next week before I can get them to you.