Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

Chris Goff

Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:00 pm

I don't think it will, because the bridal dose that job. It has an extra line.
(stops the line getting caught when you don't want it to) It is a truely great straight out the bag package.

Pim Kusters

Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:12 pm

the line will not work with multiple jojo's.......
so you will need stoppers.

gr pim

Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:43 pm

Sorry for the slight hijack but since we have CR people on the thread...

I'm on webtv (msntv) and the kitestudio site comes up in all black background with teeny, tiny
white letters that I can't possibly read.

Maybe just not web tv friendly. Its not recent changes because I had same problem about 6 months ago and have never been able to read the site.

Couldn't use e-mail feature on site to point this out 'cause couldn't find it.

Back to planned activities.

JeffD

Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:10 pm

And another thing....

GWTW has a pre-order page up but there are really no good pics for color choices.

Hoping someone from Kitestudio might be able to post some on the GWTW forum.

Seems like it sould be easy enough to get out one of each and get a good shot so picking colors is aided. Probably even sell a couple more.

Thanks.
JeffD

aphelps
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:56 pm

Check out www.aeolian.co.uk for photos. I have some excellent ones from the weekend, and I will try to post them later on.

Haven't gone for the "flic-flak" this way yet, but I can punch in the nose to start the move no problem. I know where Guilo is coming from. Surely there must be a compromise, there always is. So far I haven't found it.

Don't forget that all of this is always a matter of personal preference and style. This kite does suit my style and capability very well. For me the performance differential compared to the current competition feels like when I traded my Lithium for the Opium, and then the Nirvana.

Carl has simply taken things to the next level up. Now European manufacturers will have to play catch for the first time in a while.
You can all be the judge at Berck.
:D
Andy

Eddie Green

Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:32 pm

Andy thanks for that. You are a star.

aphelps
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:18 am

Andy

Chris Goff

Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:54 pm

Hi, i got a link to a pic of all fury colours and bit about.
http://www.btinternet.com/~carl.roberts ... s/fury.gif
Please tell me if it is wot u were looking for.

mobius
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:08 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Sorry for the slight hijack but since we have CR people on the thread...

I'm on webtv (msntv) and the kitestudio site comes up in all black background with teeny, tiny
white letters that I can't possibly read.

Maybe just not web tv friendly. Its not recent changes because I had same problem about 6 months ago and have never been able to read the site.

Couldn't use e-mail feature on site to point this out 'cause couldn't find it.

Back to planned activities.

JeffD

I can't comment on the kitestudio site, but you can email the studio with your feedback to info@kitestudio.com. I'm sure they will welcome your comments.
Dave Morley

Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:37 pm

Thanks Chris and Dave. Saw the gifs but still hope to see some good outdoors photos. The one's on FA are to big for me to get. On GWTW Forum some were sized down by John C but I've seen no good clear outdoor pics of any but the black and red. Hope to do so soon. I'm still deciding on the kite and GWTW pre-orders need to be in by Mar 20.

I used the link above and told them of my site viewing problem. Who knows? I may be the only one on WebTV & its fine for everyne else.

Mostly I just want to see good, in the sky, pics so I can get the differences in the various color shades used against the rest of the kite.

Thanks.

mobius
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:05 pm

You're welcome Jeff. Please register with the site so we know who you are!
Dave Morley

jad

Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:19 am

So I registered.

Sent a couple of e-mails with questions to kitestudio.

Figured they probably weren't doing anything particular these days and would welcome the distraction. :D :shock:
JeffD

Pim Kusters

Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:56 am

I only have one question.............do you all have stocks in this company?????? It seems that the kite can't do anything wrong...and if people make some comments on things that the kite won't do you don't pay attention too it and just keep bragging over what it will do..........

shouldn't reviews be at least a little bit objective..........?

gr pim

Andy S
King of FA

Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:05 pm

Pim - it's the first flush of reviews of a new kite. Many of these people are sponsored by KiteStudio, or friends of Carl. Others don't really have much to gain from biased reviews.

Some people have expressed concerns about the kite, such as the lack of TE reinforcement, and these have been passed back to KiteStudio, I believe.

You're right that the yo-yo line will not work for multiple roll-ups, but remember that no-one's seen a finished production kite yet, so they may well have stops on.

jad

Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:31 am

Yoyo stoppers, covered le connector, te reinforcement.

TE reinforcement is the most important of them for me. Easier to do the others by myself and less of a mod to the original.
JeffD